Ragnaros is dead, nerd rage ensues
Lewis
2019-09-01 03:42:30 UTC
So, Ragnaros has already been taken down in Classic, and the nerd rage
is amusing, unsurprising, and supremely stupid.

I've seen a lot of people screaming about how Blizzard has nerfed
classic to benefit top guilds like Method (who i think is who did it?)
and there is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The fact that this is well-known content and the players have years and
years of experience and they understand that game... nah, that couldn't
be relevant. It's all a conspiracy.

And yes, the threats to rage quite have begun. "How could blizzard let
this happen in only six days!? This is the worst thing they've ever
done! It s a betrayal of the Classic wow player!"

Crap, I wish I could avoid all this "news".
--
You Bastard was thinking: ...Delta squared. Thus, dimensional pressure k
will result in a ninety-degree transformation in Chi(16/x/pu)t for a
speed equal gallop. --Pyramids
Lewis
2019-09-01 04:45:55 UTC
Post by Lewis
I've seen a lot of people screaming about how Blizzard has nerfed
classic to benefit top guilds like Method (who i think is who did it?)
and there is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Some comments:

"This si just proof "Classic" has nothing to do with real Classic."

"Blizzard put in exploits to help the guilds speed-run."

"Blizzard chose 1.12 because it was EZ mode."

"This was a hack run. It will be months before 'normal' players will do
this."

Normal players are already level 60 and raiding. A normal RAID formed
in trade will kill Ragno in a week or so.
--
You have severe reading comprehension problems that I can not be held
responsible for.
Tim Merrigan
2019-09-01 07:34:37 UTC
On Sun, 1 Sep 2019 03:42:30 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
So, Ragnaros has already been taken down in Classic, and the nerd rage
is amusing, unsurprising, and supremely stupid.
I've seen a lot of people screaming about how Blizzard has nerfed
classic to benefit top guilds like Method (who i think is who did it?)
and there is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
The fact that this is well-known content and the players have years and
years of experience and they understand that game... nah, that couldn't
be relevant. It's all a conspiracy.
And yes, the threats to rage quite have begun. "How could blizzard let
this happen in only six days!? This is the worst thing they've ever
done! It s a betrayal of the Classic wow player!"
Crap, I wish I could avoid all this "news".
Does the fact that someone has already done it mean that no one else
can do it? If so it must be just about the only thing in WoW that's
true of. Come back tomorrow, after it's reset.
and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan
Lewis
2019-09-01 14:01:39 UTC
Post by Lewis
So, Ragnaros has already been taken down in Classic, and the nerd rage
is amusing, unsurprising, and supremely stupid.
I've seen a lot of people screaming about how Blizzard has nerfed
classic to benefit top guilds like Method (who i think is who did it?)
and there is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
The fact that this is well-known content and the players have years and
years of experience and they understand that game... nah, that couldn't
be relevant. It's all a conspiracy.
And yes, the threats to rage quite have begun. "How could blizzard let
this happen in only six days!? This is the worst thing they've ever
done! It s a betrayal of the Classic wow player!"
Crap, I wish I could avoid all this "news".
Does the fact that someone has already done it mean that no one else
can do it?
Of course not. They are just mad because someone did it in 6 days and
their delusions about how "hard" Classic was have been shattered.

Onyxia was killed too.

One of the raids wasn't even all level 60 and was mostly in leveling
greens. (don't know if that was Onyxia or Ragno).
Post by Tim Merrigan
If so it must be just about the only thing in WoW that's
true of. Come back tomorrow, after it's reset.
You don't even have to come back tomorrow. Raid lockouts only apply if
you were in a raid. Anyone can do it, any time.
Get in there you big furry oaf! I don't care what you smell!
Peter T.
2019-09-01 17:56:35 UTC
Post by Lewis
classic to benefit top guilds like Method (who i think is who did it?)
APES. Haven't heard about them though.

<https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/apes-killing-ragnaros-why-surprised/79984>
Peter T.
Catriona R
2019-09-05 13:18:05 UTC
Post by Lewis
So, Ragnaros has already been taken down in Classic, and the nerd rage
is amusing, unsurprising, and supremely stupid.
I've seen a lot of people screaming about how Blizzard has nerfed
classic to benefit top guilds like Method (who i think is who did it?)
and there is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
The fact that this is well-known content and the players have years and
years of experience and they understand that game... nah, that couldn't
be relevant. It's all a conspiracy.
And yes, the threats to rage quite have begun. "How could blizzard let
this happen in only six days!? This is the worst thing they've ever
done! It s a betrayal of the Classic wow player!"
Crap, I wish I could avoid all this "news".
Not sure where you're reading, where I was reading the attitude was it
was expected, so no need to rage! People who want to turn it into a
race have zero impact on those of us playing for fun, most people I
know are in the 20s and early 30s and enjoying the journey, who cares
about the powerlevellers :-)

In any case there was no nerfing or anything involved; oddlyenough,
it's going to be quicker when a) people know exactly how the fights
work and how to play/gear their classes, and b) the classes have
abilities and talents from 1.12, after 11 patches of improvements and
class reworks, it's never going to be comparable to the 1.1 launch and
anyone who thought it was is an idiot.
Lewis
2019-09-06 02:26:40 UTC
Post by Lewis
So, Ragnaros has already been taken down in Classic, and the nerd rage
is amusing, unsurprising, and supremely stupid.
I've seen a lot of people screaming about how Blizzard has nerfed
classic to benefit top guilds like Method (who i think is who did it?)
and there is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth.
The fact that this is well-known content and the players have years and
years of experience and they understand that game... nah, that couldn't
be relevant. It's all a conspiracy.
And yes, the threats to rage quite have begun. "How could blizzard let
this happen in only six days!? This is the worst thing they've ever
done! It s a betrayal of the Classic wow player!"
Crap, I wish I could avoid all this "news".
Not sure where you're reading,
WoW forums and Twitter. I've been linked to some youttube videos as
well, but I didn't watch those.
--
Knowledge equals power... --... Power equals energy... People were
stupid, sometimes. They thought the Library was a dangerous place
L-Space. --Guards! Guards!
Shinnokxz
2019-09-09 03:18:39 UTC
Only the people cherry picking the whiners on the Internet (who coincidentally not playing WoW classic) are finding issues. Some say if you look hard enough
you can find somebody out there bitching about mother Theresa.

Of course people are going to blitz this as fast as possible. Back in 2004,
people weren't getting paid thousands of month to make videos of it

I'm playing with old friends (local and online) and just got to about level 35 and am having a blast catching up with them.

Not sure what you're allergy is with this release and concept but the pissing and moaning is tiresome (I've been posting about classic WoW for a
few years now here and there, and you are front, center, and tilted every
time)

People have a real connection with the nostalgia value of this and it's only
confusing that a bitter curmudgeon can't see that. Usually the despondants
are the ones being cynical of the new content wishing for the old stuff. You
just seem jaded of the Warcraft brand in general.
Lewis
2019-09-09 14:06:43 UTC
Post by Shinnokxz
Only the people cherry picking the whiners on the Internet (who
coincidentally not playing WoW classic) are finding issues. Some say
if you look hard enough you can find somebody out there bitching about
mother Theresa.
Mother Teresa was a fucking monster qho though withholding pain meds was
"godly".

And no, the people whining are all Classic Players.
Post by Shinnokxz
Not sure what you're allergy is with this release and concept but the
pissing and moaning is tiresome (I've been posting about classic WoW
for a few years now here and there, and you are front, center, and
tilted every time)
I have no idea what you are on about. My only concern about Classic si
the people who won't shut up about it and Blizzard trying to shove it in
my face every time I open the launcher.

And I didn't seek out the comments, I even muted the #WoWClassic hashtag
on twitter, and still the whining appears.
Post by Shinnokxz
People have a real connection with the nostalgia value of this and it's only
confusing that a bitter curmudgeon can't see that. Usually the despondants
are the ones being cynical of the new content wishing for the old stuff. You
just seem jaded of the Warcraft brand in general.
I have no nostalgia for Wow 1.x, that is true. I will never play it,
having lived through it. There have been many many improvements to the
game and without them, there would be no game now at all.

I think Blizzard was stupid to do it because they are in a no-win
situation since it is impossible to make all the various people happy
(Never change it! It's not Classic enough! When do we get expansion!). I
did find it amusing that less than a week in and people are already
bitching about addons (part of Wow since the pre 1.1 beta), people
playing "too fast" or "wrong" and wanting the people who killed Rags and
Onyxia to be banned.

Because of course they are.
Monique: He keeps putting his testicles all over me. Lane: Excuse me?
Catriona R
2019-09-10 15:06:13 UTC
On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 20:18:39 -0700 (PDT), Shinnokxz
Post by Shinnokxz
Only the people cherry picking the whiners on the Internet (who coincidentally not playing WoW classic) are finding issues. Some say if you look hard enough
you can find somebody out there bitching about mother Theresa.
Of course people are going to blitz this as fast as possible. Back in 2004,
people weren't getting paid thousands of month to make videos of it
Yep! Also the evolution and power creep during vanilla itself will
come into play for the early raids; I don't expect Naxx to go down
within a week, for example (although granted, people who know what to
expect will be fully prepared for it, so it might do - I suspect in
original vanilla there weren't full guilds in top level gear with all
require resistances etc ready for raids to release...)
Post by Shinnokxz
I'm playing with old friends (local and online) and just got to about level 35 and am having a blast catching up with them.
Yeah I'm having a ton of fun, hit 35 myself last night, trying to slow
down a little as my casual guildies are mostly 3-4 lvls behind me now
(other than a few powerlevellers miles ahead) and it's fun doing guild
dungeon runs. But it's so much fun, I keep doing just a few more
quests and oh, another lvl ;-)
Post by Shinnokxz
Not sure what you're allergy is with this release and concept but the pissing and moaning is tiresome (I've been posting about classic WoW for a
few years now here and there, and you are front, center, and tilted every
time)
People have a real connection with the nostalgia value of this and it's only
confusing that a bitter curmudgeon can't see that. Usually the despondants
are the ones being cynical of the new content wishing for the old stuff. You
just seem jaded of the Warcraft brand in general.
It's a shame, I'd love to be able to talk more about Classic on this
group, but every thread turns into a negativity fest so I end up just
not checking in often. Yes, it's not for everyone, but please, let
those of us who do like it have our fun :-)
Lewis
2019-09-10 16:40:12 UTC
Post by Shinnokxz
Only the people cherry picking the whiners on the Internet (who coincidentally not playing WoW classic) are finding issues. Some say if you look hard enough
you can find somebody out there bitching about mother Theresa.
Of course people are going to blitz this as fast as possible. Back in 2004,
people weren't getting paid thousands of month to make videos of it
Yep! Also the evolution and power creep during vanilla itself will
come into play for the early raids; I don't expect Naxx to go down
within a week, for example (although granted, people who know what to
expect will be fully prepared for it, so it might do - I suspect in
original vanilla there weren't full guilds in top level gear with all
require resistances etc ready for raids to release...)
The raid that took down Ragnaros was in leveling greens and about half
were not level 60.
Post by Catriona R
It's a shame, I'd love to be able to talk more about Classic on this
group, but every thread turns into a negativity fest so I end up just
not checking in often. Yes, it's not for everyone, but please, let
those of us who do like it have our fun :-)
If you tag your subject with "Classic" i promise I won't read them.
People only think for themselves if you tell them to.
Catriona R
2019-09-12 13:59:58 UTC
Post by Shinnokxz
Only the people cherry picking the whiners on the Internet (who coincidentally not playing WoW classic) are finding issues. Some say if you look hard enough
you can find somebody out there bitching about mother Theresa.
Of course people are going to blitz this as fast as possible. Back in 2004,
people weren't getting paid thousands of month to make videos of it
Yep! Also the evolution and power creep during vanilla itself will
come into play for the early raids; I don't expect Naxx to go down
within a week, for example (although granted, people who know what to
expect will be fully prepared for it, so it might do - I suspect in
original vanilla there weren't full guilds in top level gear with all
require resistances etc ready for raids to release...)
The raid that took down Ragnaros was in leveling greens and about half
were not level 60.
There is a small difference in difficulty between Molten Core
(released in patch 1.1) and Naxx, released in patch 1.11, and tuned
for all the subsequent major class revamps and the raid gear which
drops in BWL/AQ, though.

I'll be interested to see how it turns out, don't intend to raid at
all myself (maybe some pug Onyxia or ZG, if any such groups exist that
don't require voice), but it'll be interesting to see how hard the
later raids were. pretty sure there were very few that completed the
place at that time; more knowledge and experience will make it
somewhat easier now, but still a challenge I'd imagine.

Shinnokxz
2019-09-09 03:21:52 UTC
Only the people cherry picking the whiners on the Internet (who coincidentally not playing WoW classic) are finding issues.

Of course people are going to blitz this as fast as possible. Back in 2004,
people weren't getting paid thousands a month to make videos of it