Can I get honorable kills in the open world?
Mike S.
2021-12-16 20:24:43 UTC
I am trying to earn some honorable kills for an achievement. I know
nothing about PVP.

If one Horde player and one Alliance player flags for PVP in the open
world and attack each other, will the winner get an honorable kill by
doing so? If so, what is the max level gap between the two players
where this method will work? I am trying this now and it is not
working.
Lewis
2021-12-16 22:07:47 UTC
Post by Mike S.
I am trying to earn some honorable kills for an achievement. I know
nothing about PVP.
I believe world PVP still counts. The system is rather different than it
was, but I don't think this changed. Players must be "green" to you to
count as HKs, which is basically "within 5 levels of you" but might be
fewer at level 60.

Gone are the days of PVP servers and DHKs.

I generally leave it off because there are enough griefers to make
getting things done annoying.
Post by Mike S.
If one Horde player and one Alliance player flags for PVP in the open
world and attack each other, will the winner get an honorable kill by
doing so? If so, what is the max level gap between the two players
where this method will work? I am trying this now and it is not
working.
If you are not getting an HK then the target is "grey" instead of
"green" but I don't know how this shows up in the UI by default anymore.
Try for 5 levels or less, but at 60 it might be different now. Perhaps
60s can only get HKs at 60 (as was suggested back the first time lvl 60
was the level cap)?
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.
Mike S.
2021-12-17 00:52:54 UTC
Thank you Lewis and Catriona. I think the problem was them being gray
to me. That would explain it. I will keep that in mind.