Finally... all fishing ach's!
Peter T.
2018-03-26 14:51:04 UTC
<https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/multiproc/achievements/professions/fishing>

Woop woop!

3-4 weeks ago I decided to also go for Old Crafty and Old Ironjaw. 37
swings for Ironjaw and a few more for Crafty. Drop rate buffed? I have
fished for those earlier and I guess I've spent a few hours on each.
Well. Lurking for the Dark Herring ind Northrend was a nightmare. I
fished it for at least 10 hours and probably more. But it was a part of
the Salty title which is my favourite. Next title is Insane. :)
Peter T.
Lewis
2018-03-26 17:48:25 UTC
Post by Peter T.
<https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/multiproc/achievements/professions/fishing>
Woop woop!
Nice.

I gave up on fishing a couple of expansions ago. I did it very little in
WOD and not at all in Legion. I cant see doing it in Broth either. I did
in Pandamania only to get the raft and the water strider mount.
Post by Peter T.
3-4 weeks ago I decided to also go for Old Crafty and Old Ironjaw. 37
swings for Ironjaw and a few more for Crafty. Drop rate buffed?'
Must be. I know at one point I have over 2,000 attempts on one of
those.
--
'Begone From This Place Or I Will Smite Thee!' he [the god] commanded.
'Why?'
Peter T.
2018-03-26 18:54:28 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Peter T.
Woop woop!
Nice.
I gave up on fishing a couple of expansions ago. I did it very little in
WOD and not at all in Legion. I cant see doing it in Broth either. I did
in Pandamania only to get the raft and the water strider mount.
the waterstrider mount is worth the efforts. Definitely! A
waterwalking mount is _so_ useful!
Post by Lewis
Must be. I know at one point I have over 2,000 attempts on one of
those.
:)
Peter T.
Lewis
2018-03-26 20:58:30 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Lewis
Post by Peter T.
Woop woop!
Nice.
I gave up on fishing a couple of expansions ago. I did it very little in
WOD and not at all in Legion. I cant see doing it in Broth either. I did
in Pandamania only to get the raft and the water strider mount.
the waterstrider mount is worth the efforts. Definitely! A
waterwalking mount is _so_ useful!
Yep, that's why I did it. They keep threatening to break it.
--
O is for OLIVE run through with an awl
P is for PRUE trampled flat in a brawl
Catriona R
2018-03-26 23:19:43 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Lewis
Post by Peter T.
Woop woop!
Nice.
I gave up on fishing a couple of expansions ago. I did it very little in
WOD and not at all in Legion. I cant see doing it in Broth either. I did
in Pandamania only to get the raft and the water strider mount.
the waterstrider mount is worth the efforts. Definitely! A
waterwalking mount is _so_ useful!
Absolutely, even my other half who hates repgrinds and never does any
that he doesn't get accidentally through playing the game, eventually
ground that one out, it's so worth it. Kinda surprised they haven't
added any from more current content for people who weren't
playing/didn't bother in MoP time. WoD had a recolour but that one was
way more work than the Pandaria one.
Catriona R
2018-03-26 18:18:30 UTC
Post by Peter T.
<https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/multiproc/achievements/professions/fishing>
Woop woop!
3-4 weeks ago I decided to also go for Old Crafty and Old Ironjaw. 37
swings for Ironjaw and a few more for Crafty. Drop rate buffed? I have
fished for those earlier and I guess I've spent a few hours on each.
Well. Lurking for the Dark Herring ind Northrend was a nightmare. I
fished it for at least 10 hours and probably more. But it was a part of
the Salty title which is my favourite. Next title is Insane. :)
Wow, congrats! :-)

Nice droprate on those two rare fish, I got one years back when there
was a glitch that made it drop more if you were doing a fishing daily
in the zone, but never got around to the other one. Salty I'll
probably never get, only thing I need is the STV contest but I never
remember to enter, middle of the day does not suit me at all, wish it
was in the evenings. And I've not even started Fisherfriend, I really
should do soon, it looks a fun idea, it's nice to have some fishing
content after all these years, and here I am not even doing it lol.

Insane should be relatively fast nowadays, the hardest parts were
either removed (Shen'dralar) or nerfed (Darkmoon Faire, in that the
faire gives rep now!). I remember spending many, many hours in Dire
Maul farming librams for Shen'dralar, freeing the goblin for
Steamwheedle rep and hoping for some card drops for Darkmoon Faire
decks. None of that is needed now, although I kinda miss freeing the
goblin, it was more interesting than grinding pirates! The Ravenholdt
grind is still there though, 1400 or so lockboxes needed, I levelled a
rogue alt to 60 and stealthed through LBRS a lot, rather tedious lol,
satisfying when I finished though.
Peter T.
2018-03-26 18:53:01 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Nice droprate on those two rare fish, I got one years back when there
was a glitch that made it drop more if you were doing a fishing daily
in the zone, but never got around to the other one. Salty I'll
probably never get, only thing I need is the STV contest but I never
remember to enter, middle of the day does not suit me at all, wish it
was in the evenings. And I've not even started Fisherfriend, I really
should do soon, it looks a fun idea, it's nice to have some fishing
content after all these years, and here I am not even doing it lol.
Garrison fishing in a raid all over again. Do it while you can. You
can find raids for it in the raid finder. 1½-2 hours for each zone,
700-750 swings to best friend rep incl. the toy rewards.
Post by Catriona R
Insane should be relatively fast nowadays, the hardest parts were
either removed (Shen'dralar) or nerfed (Darkmoon Faire, in that the
faire gives rep now!).
There should be to versions of the Insane ach, but visually you can see
no difference. One for those who obtained it before the change and one
after. I think wowhead can tell us more about it.
Post by Catriona R
I remember spending many, many hours in Dire
Maul farming librams for Shen'dralar, freeing the goblin for
Steamwheedle rep and hoping for some card drops for Darkmoon Faire
decks. None of that is needed now, although I kinda miss freeing the
goblin, it was more interesting than grinding pirates! The Ravenholdt
grind is still there though, 1400 or so lockboxes needed, I levelled a
rogue alt to 60 and stealthed through LBRS a lot, rather tedious lol,
satisfying when I finished though.
I like farming. I like the reward after the long walk in the desert.
But those lockboxes scares me a little. And I guess that has hold me
back. :)
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-03-26 23:16:25 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Nice droprate on those two rare fish, I got one years back when there
was a glitch that made it drop more if you were doing a fishing daily
in the zone, but never got around to the other one. Salty I'll
probably never get, only thing I need is the STV contest but I never
remember to enter, middle of the day does not suit me at all, wish it
was in the evenings. And I've not even started Fisherfriend, I really
should do soon, it looks a fun idea, it's nice to have some fishing
content after all these years, and here I am not even doing it lol.
Garrison fishing in a raid all over again. Do it while you can. You
can find raids for it in the raid finder. 1½-2 hours for each zone,
700-750 swings to best friend rep incl. the toy rewards.
Urgh, I'm not a fan of that, it feels too exploity so I do it alone or
not at all lol. Which generally means not at all because it's too
slow, wish Blizz wouldn't make stuff that you have to cheese to do in
a reasonable amount of time.
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Insane should be relatively fast nowadays, the hardest parts were
either removed (Shen'dralar) or nerfed (Darkmoon Faire, in that the
faire gives rep now!).
There should be to versions of the Insane ach, but visually you can see
no difference. One for those who obtained it before the change and one
after. I think wowhead can tell us more about it.
That'd be cool, as it is the only way to tell is to check the date
achieved, apparently mine was 1 week before Cata prepatch, I thought
it was a bit earlier tbh, cutting it close there!
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
I remember spending many, many hours in Dire
Maul farming librams for Shen'dralar, freeing the goblin for
Steamwheedle rep and hoping for some card drops for Darkmoon Faire
decks. None of that is needed now, although I kinda miss freeing the
goblin, it was more interesting than grinding pirates! The Ravenholdt
grind is still there though, 1400 or so lockboxes needed, I levelled a
rogue alt to 60 and stealthed through LBRS a lot, rather tedious lol,
satisfying when I finished though.
I like farming. I like the reward after the long walk in the desert.
But those lockboxes scares me a little. And I guess that has hold me
back. :)
Yeah I think they were the last thing I did, it was a bit daunting,
especially as I didn't have a rogue on the same faction as my main so
had to lvl one first (this was WotLK, old style levelling and no
boosts!). Once I got into it it was alright, but I restricted myself
to small numbers of runs at a time to avoid burnout, generally however
long it took to fill my bags after deleting the cheapest vendor trash
then I'd hearth to Kargath (nearest mailbox/inn) to mail everything
over. You can actually buy the boxes if you know a trustworthy rogue
who's got that kind of patience but I preferred doing it myself, even
if it was a pain (being the same lvl as the mobs I got caught a lot
lol, often had to park in a corner and wait for vanish cd)
Catriona R
2018-03-29 00:47:34 UTC
On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 00:16:25 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Nice droprate on those two rare fish, I got one years back when there
was a glitch that made it drop more if you were doing a fishing daily
in the zone,
<snip>
Post by Catriona R
Urgh, I'm not a fan of that, it feels too exploity so I do it alone or
not at all lol.
Uh yeah, I now realised the inconsistency in my attitudes to exploity
fishing stuff :-) Can't really explain that one, I guess leeching off
other people just feels worse to me than doing something for myself!