Pre-BfA farming
Catriona R
2018-05-10 16:19:16 UTC
Now it's getting closer I've realised I need to get on with the stuff
that's going away - expansion is mid-August so that means 8.0 will
likely be mid-July... er, that's not long at all. So 3 things to get
on with for me:

Mage Tower. Luckily, I don't care for most of the appearances, I
really want the glowy druid cat form though. Small issue is I actually
unsubbed the account my druid is on, I'll pay some gold soon and give
it a go though as I don't want to lose that chance.

Field Medic title - first aid is being removed so this title won't be
obtainable. And jeez, it's a nasty one to farm. Got 15/20 at present
and just chipping away 30 mins grind at a time when I can be bothered,
seems I already got the ones with a decent droprate. Might have to
join some farming groups to make it bearable, even though I far prefer
to farm for myself.

And the 3rd one is really many things - all those annoying mounts,
toys etc on rare spawns (particularly in older zones) that are always
dead. I learned a while back that RP realms are not crossrealmed,
which means, pick a dead RP realm and those always-dead rares might
actually be alive!

Unfortunately they're talking about more realm connections with BfA,
and if the dead RP realms get connected with busy ones, that's the end
of that, so I've been busy levelling, made a death knight, got it to
70, which unlocked a demon hunter, who I'll probably lvl enough to get
the artifact weapon and more gear, as Pandaria rares are pretty slow
to kill with just the starter zone gear. I've made myself a big list
of stuff I'd almost given up on farming, here's hoping I get a few of
them before time runs out!
Peter T.
2018-05-12 10:00:31 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Now it's getting closer I've realised I need to get on with the stuff
that's going away - expansion is mid-August so that means 8.0 will
likely be mid-July... er, that's not long at all. So 3 things to get
Mage Tower. Luckily, I don't care for most of the appearances, I
really want the glowy druid cat form though. Small issue is I actually
unsubbed the account my druid is on, I'll pay some gold soon and give
it a go though as I don't want to lose that chance.
Will the druid appearances stay in BfA? Those are pretty cool imho.
Post by Catriona R
Field Medic title - first aid is being removed so this title won't be
obtainable. And jeez, it's a nasty one to farm. Got 15/20 at present
and just chipping away 30 mins grind at a time when I can be bothered,
seems I already got the ones with a decent droprate. Might have to
join some farming groups to make it bearable, even though I far prefer
to farm for myself.
I wasn't aware of the removal of first aid in BfA. honestly. It's
about time as it was a meh profession. I've only used it once really.
My mage healed the tank with bandages in-fight with the endboss in one
of the tough HCs in lich king where rest of the group were dead. That
was one of those YES! experiences :)
Post by Catriona R
And the 3rd one is really many things - all those annoying mounts,
toys etc on rare spawns (particularly in older zones) that are always
dead. I learned a while back that RP realms are not crossrealmed,
which means, pick a dead RP realm and those always-dead rares might
actually be alive!
Several RP realms are already connected. DMF and ER has been connected
since MoP If I'm right. And 3 other RP realms are connected as well.

Finally Blizzard officially announced the Prestige ladder will remain in
BfA. When I returned in the end of february I was at prestige level 6.
Three days ago I hit 18. Until then it was an endless honor farm. I
did some calculations on it and I had to farm 4K+ honor each day. It
doesnt sound much when I get 2.9K from towers and WQs. But it is!
Bonus from all the PvP'ing is much more knowledge about all the
PvP-related stuff like [@cursor] in macros etc. According to the Reflex
addon I've done close to 1000 casual BGs. since end of february. :)
Four days ago I hit exalted with the outriders faction so now I also
have the conqueror/justicar title. Not as cool as those who got the
title years ago when it was much much harder (and only 5-6 BGs in the list).

Other things. I'm at 291/300 mounts (Lord of the reins). Two more
incoming from the prestige, I need to farm a few more bones for the
second mount in Tanaan jungle. I could go and buy a spot in a Antorus
endboss fight. But I dont like buying a title and a mount tbh.
There are other easy farmable mounts in Legion I will do before BfA hits.

And then the gold from the garrison. With 3 chars all with 950 champs I
guess I make at least 30-40K a week and probably more. I will keep
doing that until BfA + supply quests + daily quests.

Btw. I got the beta invitation a few days ago despite I havent bought
BfA yet.
Peter T.
Lewis
2018-05-12 22:27:26 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Field Medic title - first aid is being removed so this title won't be
obtainable. And jeez, it's a nasty one to farm. Got 15/20 at present
and just chipping away 30 mins grind at a time when I can be bothered,
seems I already got the ones with a decent droprate. Might have to
join some farming groups to make it bearable, even though I far prefer
to farm for myself.
I wasn't aware of the removal of first aid in BfA. honestly. It's
about time as it was a meh profession. I've only used it once really.
My mage healed the tank with bandages in-fight with the endboss in one
of the tough HCs in lich king where rest of the group were dead. That
was one of those YES! experiences :)
Bandages will be rolled into tailoring and tonics/oils into Alchemy.
Post by Peter T.
Other things. I'm at 291/300 mounts (Lord of the reins). Two more
incoming from the prestige, I need to farm a few more bones for the
second mount in Tanaan jungle. I could go and buy a spot in a Antorus
endboss fight. But I dont like buying a title and a mount tbh.
There are other easy farmable mounts in Legion I will do before BfA hits.
I have a total of 253 mounts, but the achivement is "usable on on
character" so I am well short of that (like more than 20 short).
Post by Peter T.
And then the gold from the garrison. With 3 chars all with 950 champs I
guess I make at least 30-40K a week and probably more. I will keep
doing that until BfA + supply quests + daily quests.
Btw. I got the beta invitation a few days ago despite I havent bought
BfA yet.
Alpha/Beta invites have never been tied to purchasing. I played on of
the betas when my account wasn't even active.
--
Heisenberg's only uncertainty was what pub to vomit in next and Jung
fancied Freud's mother too. -- Jared Earle
Catriona R
2018-05-13 01:39:52 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Mage Tower. Luckily, I don't care for most of the appearances, I
really want the glowy druid cat form though. Small issue is I actually
unsubbed the account my druid is on, I'll pay some gold soon and give
it a go though as I don't want to lose that chance.
Will the druid appearances stay in BfA? Those are pretty cool imho.
Yes, I don't yet know how but the devs have said they'll be available
somehow. Very much hope so anyway, there's some really cool ones, and
outside of Mage Tower and +15 mythic dungeon the rest will be earnable
later anyway (which is good as I also like the Balance of Power one,
which is not suited to my low level group content preference).
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Field Medic title - first aid is being removed so this title won't be
obtainable. And jeez, it's a nasty one to farm. Got 15/20 at present
and just chipping away 30 mins grind at a time when I can be bothered,
seems I already got the ones with a decent droprate. Might have to
join some farming groups to make it bearable, even though I far prefer
to farm for myself.
I wasn't aware of the removal of first aid in BfA. honestly. It's
about time as it was a meh profession. I've only used it once really.
My mage healed the tank with bandages in-fight with the endboss in one
of the tough HCs in lich king where rest of the group were dead. That
was one of those YES! experiences :)
I'm pretty disappointed that their approach is removal tbh, I used to
use it LOTS back in vanilla and TBC (even as a healer, if low on mana
self bandagaing was great, I remember on Netherspite the whole raid
would bandage themselves in the phase where you hid in a corner). Not
so much since then as I've mained a healer, but even so, I did Ironman
Challenge for srveral years and bandages were a staple part of it,
while in that old worldbosses event last year (aoefest!) my melee alts
usually went through a few bandages to try and reduce repair bills a
bit!
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
And the 3rd one is really many things - all those annoying mounts,
toys etc on rare spawns (particularly in older zones) that are always
dead. I learned a while back that RP realms are not crossrealmed,
which means, pick a dead RP realm and those always-dead rares might
actually be alive!
Several RP realms are already connected. DMF and ER has been connected
since MoP If I'm right. And 3 other RP realms are connected as well.
Yeah, still dead though - I'm on DMF and even at lunchtime today
(Saturday) about half my target rares were alive. On Draenor... 0
would be lol, I don't find that many alive at 4am!
Post by Peter T.
Finally Blizzard officially announced the Prestige ladder will remain in
BfA. When I returned in the end of february I was at prestige level 6.
Three days ago I hit 18. Until then it was an endless honor farm. I
did some calculations on it and I had to farm 4K+ honor each day. It
doesnt sound much when I get 2.9K from towers and WQs. But it is!
Bonus from all the PvP'ing is much more knowledge about all the
addon I've done close to 1000 casual BGs. since end of february. :)
Four days ago I hit exalted with the outriders faction so now I also
have the conqueror/justicar title. Not as cool as those who got the
title years ago when it was much much harder (and only 5-6 BGs in the list).
Congrats! I'd intended to do some prestige levels but never really got
there, at current rate of progress I'll likely not even reach lvl 1
before BfA, hope they don't reset my progress! (I know we get to keep
our earned levels, but but not so sure about partial levels...)
Post by Peter T.
Other things. I'm at 291/300 mounts (Lord of the reins). Two more
incoming from the prestige, I need to farm a few more bones for the
second mount in Tanaan jungle. I could go and buy a spot in a Antorus
endboss fight. But I dont like buying a title and a mount tbh.
There are other easy farmable mounts in Legion I will do before BfA hits.
Nice one :-) I assumed I was way lower, but apparently it's 284
(helped by a nice Zandalari dinosaur I picked up earlier..the DMF alt
already paid off). I too need to farm those bones, but otherwise I
think most of what I miss is pvp (never happening) or low drop farms
that'll likely take me years lol. Oh and the 100 lunkers one from
Draenor... I like fishing but not THAT much :-P
Post by Peter T.
And then the gold from the garrison. With 3 chars all with 950 champs I
guess I make at least 30-40K a week and probably more. I will keep
doing that until BfA + supply quests + daily quests.
Heh nice, I only got one character that far so far, really need to get
around to it on some alts, as it does seem a pretty good cashflow. I'm
mainly using it to funnel rep tokens to my main for paragon rewards
though (I want those mounts!), using the app on all my alts (well,
until they all ran out of resources) was a great way to keep
progressing without having to grind tons of WQs once I stopped caring
about gear drops.
Post by Peter T.
Btw. I got the beta invitation a few days ago despite I havent bought
BfA yet.
Enjoy! I've been in for a while, not had that much time to play (and
played Alliance aside from seeing both intro scenarios to understand
the story, given it's a rather controversial topic), but levelling
zones look fun, nothing groundbreaking, but enjoyable as always. Did
warfronts once, that looks fun, if players manage to not ruin it by
being rude to each other... which I predict being the case quickly
once "optimal" strategies are developed ;-)
Lewis
2018-05-13 05:05:55 UTC
Post by Catriona R
I'm pretty disappointed that their approach is removal tbh, I used to
use it LOTS back in vanilla and TBC (even as a healer, if low on mana
self bandagaing was great, I remember on Netherspite the whole raid
would bandage themselves in the phase where you hid in a corner). Not
so much since then as I've mained a healer, but even so, I did Ironman
Challenge for srveral years and bandages were a staple part of it,
while in that old worldbosses event last year (aoefest!) my melee alts
usually went through a few bandages to try and reduce repair bills a
bit!
They nerfed bandages to hell and gone, and then they are confused why
people don't care about first aid.

once per combat, or 2 minute cooldown, right?

I stopped doing first aid when they nerfed the bandage and haven't
looked at it since as it is basically entirely useless.
--
'They've given us the answers,' he [Carrot] said. 'Perhaps we can find
out what the questions should have been.' --Feet of Clay
Catriona R
2018-05-13 11:47:59 UTC
On Sun, 13 May 2018 05:05:55 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
I'm pretty disappointed that their approach is removal tbh, I used to
use it LOTS back in vanilla and TBC (even as a healer, if low on mana
self bandagaing was great, I remember on Netherspite the whole raid
would bandage themselves in the phase where you hid in a corner). Not
so much since then as I've mained a healer, but even so, I did Ironman
Challenge for srveral years and bandages were a staple part of it,
while in that old worldbosses event last year (aoefest!) my melee alts
usually went through a few bandages to try and reduce repair bills a
bit!
They nerfed bandages to hell and gone, and then they are confused why
people don't care about first aid.
once per combat, or 2 minute cooldown, right?
Usual 2 mins recently bandaged buff, it was potions that got the once
per combat treatment.
Post by Lewis
I stopped doing first aid when they nerfed the bandage and haven't
looked at it since as it is basically entirely useless.
Way too weak, I agree, but they could've fixed it instead of deleting
it... seems this expansion is "remove anything that's not popular",
given they've chopped two BGs as well...
Lewis
2018-05-12 18:26:53 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Now it's getting closer I've realised I need to get on with the stuff
that's going away - expansion is mid-August so that means 8.0 will
likely be mid-July... er, that's not long at all. So 3 things to get
The only thing I am doing before Broth is getting the class mounts. I
was going to pass on the Paladin one, buy since there is an achievement
for finishing the class order hall campaign on 5 characters, and that
gets me 90% of the way to the mount, I'm going to do that. (I have DK,
Hunter, Mage, and Monk already).

But then, I do not care at all about appearances (all my characters have
one appearance set that character uses, and it never changes) and I
specifically hate the look of the Artifact weapons (I have those
transmogged to a specific 'basic' weapon. For example, the Paladin is
using Ashbringer transmogged into the most basic swordy sword I could
find, the Frost mage has her weapon set to a very basic long silver
stick with small knobs on the end, etc), so when I find out a questline
I've gotten off a Gold marker is for a transmog I get pretty annoyed.
Post by Catriona R
And the 3rd one is really many things - all those annoying mounts,
toys etc on rare spawns (particularly in older zones) that are always
dead. I learned a while back that RP realms are not crossrealmed,
which means, pick a dead RP realm and those always-dead rares might
actually be alive!
That is one that I would be interested, but not given the amount of time
that it would take.
Post by Catriona R
Unfortunately they're talking about more realm connections with BfA,
and if the dead RP realms get connected with busy ones, that's the end
of that, so I've been busy levelling, made a death knight, got it to
70, which unlocked a demon hunter, who I'll probably lvl enough to get
the artifact weapon and more gear, as Pandaria rares are pretty slow
to kill with just the starter zone gear. I've made myself a big list
of stuff I'd almost given up on farming, here's hoping I get a few of
them before time runs out!
I played the Demon Hunter up to the point of getting the artifact
weapon and stopped. Didn't like the class, didn't like the play, it
seemed very much like a rogue to me.

The Paladin is really the only melee class I like, and I would never
have played that to level cap if I hadn't been able to get through most
of the levels from random instance tanking. The DK and Monk only got
played because I needed something to fill in when my mains (Hunter and
Mage) were waiting on one of the many gates in Broken Shore.

I will probably have the Paladin mount later today, or maybe tomorrow,
at which point I will take a break until 8.0 drops.
Updated to be PRCE compatible after 400 years: /(bb|[^b]{2})/
Catriona R
2018-05-13 01:49:43 UTC
On Sat, 12 May 2018 18:26:53 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
Now it's getting closer I've realised I need to get on with the stuff
that's going away - expansion is mid-August so that means 8.0 will
likely be mid-July... er, that's not long at all. So 3 things to get
The only thing I am doing before Broth is getting the class mounts. I
was going to pass on the Paladin one, buy since there is an achievement
for finishing the class order hall campaign on 5 characters, and that
gets me 90% of the way to the mount, I'm going to do that. (I have DK,
Hunter, Mage, and Monk already).
Oh, thanks for the reminder, I never finished my paladin mount chain
(hit a bit where I needed to have progressed a fair way into Suramar,
and I'd *just* done that on 2 other alts for profession quests and
really couldn't be bothered at that time). I have priest, druid,
shaman so far, paladin is stalled, rogue isn't happening till I lvl
another one (this rogue does not do pvp, RP reasons, and so
assassinating auctioneers in SW is out of bounds). That's all my 110s
so far, warlock 107 and DH 102 might get there before BfA though.
Post by Lewis
But then, I do not care at all about appearances (all my characters have
one appearance set that character uses, and it never changes) and I
specifically hate the look of the Artifact weapons (I have those
transmogged to a specific 'basic' weapon. For example, the Paladin is
using Ashbringer transmogged into the most basic swordy sword I could
find, the Frost mage has her weapon set to a very basic long silver
stick with small knobs on the end, etc), so when I find out a questline
I've gotten off a Gold marker is for a transmog I get pretty annoyed.
Ahh, I bet, for me transmog is fun, although I'm not keen on all
appearances. often I'd like higher res version of old appearances tbh,
the vanilla/TBC gear had more personality, even if it had less detail.
I don't get what's with swords being so chunky these days, they look
like a plastic sword that wouldn't cut anything!
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
And the 3rd one is really many things - all those annoying mounts,
toys etc on rare spawns (particularly in older zones) that are always
dead. I learned a while back that RP realms are not crossrealmed,
which means, pick a dead RP realm and those always-dead rares might
actually be alive!
That is one that I would be interested, but not given the amount of time
that it would take.
I found it wasn't too bad tbh, 58-70 on the DK was the slowest bit,
then just had to get the DH through the starter zone and everything up
to Pandaria is easy. I levelled her a bit more for the artifact weapon
and some gear to make it faster, but lvl 100 is enough.
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
Unfortunately they're talking about more realm connections with BfA,
and if the dead RP realms get connected with busy ones, that's the end
of that, so I've been busy levelling, made a death knight, got it to
70, which unlocked a demon hunter, who I'll probably lvl enough to get
the artifact weapon and more gear, as Pandaria rares are pretty slow
to kill with just the starter zone gear. I've made myself a big list
of stuff I'd almost given up on farming, here's hoping I get a few of
them before time runs out!
I played the Demon Hunter up to the point of getting the artifact
weapon and stopped. Didn't like the class, didn't like the play, it
seemed very much like a rogue to me.
Yeah, it is, although the movement is interesting to me, thought I'd
hate it but found it reminds me of my Guild Wars 2 character in some
ways, so it's not so bad for me. Love the gliding, that's straight out
of GW2 for me, wish all my characters had that!
Post by Lewis
The Paladin is really the only melee class I like, and I would never
have played that to level cap if I hadn't been able to get through most
of the levels from random instance tanking. The DK and Monk only got
played because I needed something to fill in when my mains (Hunter and
Mage) were waiting on one of the many gates in Broken Shore.
I will probably have the Paladin mount later today, or maybe tomorrow,
at which point I will take a break until 8.0 drops.
Good time for a break, I'm only restarting (after being mostly on a
break) because I realised how much I want to get done - I always do
this, leave everything thinking I have ages and then realise there's
only a few weeks left to finish up...
Lewis
2018-05-13 05:00:09 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
[...]
Check the quest chain. As far as I know you do not have to set fott in
Suramar for the COH achievement, and the requirements for the mount are
COH and Broken Isles (which I am not quite done with, I think I am on
step 11/15?)
Post by Catriona R
I don't get what's with swords being so chunky these days, they look
like a plastic sword that wouldn't cut anything!
I remember how angry I was when my TBC Shaman got a significant upgrade
on his shoulders which featured a TREE THAT GREW ON THE SHOULDER PAD. I
swear, I nearly quit playing because of it.

And I'm still mad about it.

And my hunter got a bow with a huge hand guard that was colored pink and
green and blue and white and possible orange and purple. I forget. It
was one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.
--
Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light Or just another lost
angel?
Catriona R
2018-05-13 11:55:12 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
[...]
Hmm, maybe it was a profession quest, was sure it was a class one
though. if it's not that then I got stuck on that annoying Sentinax
bit, pain in the neck to farm those things, but I certainly had the
impression my mount/class campaign was locked behind Suramar, I'll
have to go and doublecheck.
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
I don't get what's with swords being so chunky these days, they look
like a plastic sword that wouldn't cut anything!
I remember how angry I was when my TBC Shaman got a significant upgrade
on his shoulders which featured a TREE THAT GREW ON THE SHOULDER PAD. I
swear, I nearly quit playing because of it.
And I'm still mad about it.
And my hunter got a bow with a huge hand guard that was colored pink and
green and blue and white and possible orange and purple. I forget. It
was one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.
At least transmog solves those problems now, I recall refusing to wear
an upgrade on my draenei holy priest because it made her look like a
succubus lol. Don't mind choice of gear, so long as it's a choice, as
in, I can hide it if I hate it :-) Would love some more high res gear
in styles I like though, weapons have got more and more cartoony over
the years :-/
Lewis
2018-05-13 19:09:44 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
[...]
Yeah, a lot of things APPEAR to be required that are not.

Sentinax is dead simple, you fund a random group doing it. Without a
group is is very annoying ant time consuming because first you have to
farm the gems, then open the portals, then kill everything solo.
"Yessir, Captain Tight Pants."
Catriona R
2018-05-19 23:32:32 UTC
On Sun, 13 May 2018 19:09:44 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
Yeah, a lot of things APPEAR to be required that are not.
Got around to checking, and it was locked behind Suramar, sigh:
https://www.wowhead.com/quest=46083/a-few-things-first - can't talk to
the person selling the sapphire unless you have the disguise (she's
just neutral noninteractable without it). Yeah, the disguise isn't
*that* far in but I'd taken 2 other chars that far within about a week
of hitting that quest and just couldn't be bothered - it's been long
enough that I guess I can stand it doing again now...
Post by Lewis
Sentinax is dead simple, you fund a random group doing it. Without a
group is is very annoying ant time consuming because first you have to
farm the gems, then open the portals, then kill everything solo.
I generally much prefer soloing to pugging anything, glad I'm past
that stage on this alt. Last couple of characters I duoed with my bf,
which was much better than solo, but he's unsubbed now (and my 2nd
account is too, else I could at least throw some extra crystals up,
usually have some spares lying around on one alt or another).
Hopefully he'll be back by the time I want to do another one lol.
Lewis
2018-05-20 04:37:34 UTC
Post by Lewis
Yeah, a lot of things APPEAR to be required that are not.
https://www.wowhead.com/quest=46083/a-few-things-first - can't talk to
the person selling the sapphire unless you have the disguise (she's
just neutral noninteractable without it). Yeah, the disguise isn't
*that* far in but I'd taken 2 other chars that far within about a week
of hitting that quest and just couldn't be bothered - it's been long
enough that I guess I can stand it doing again now...
Oh, yes, the Paladin quest requires some suramar, though not that much,
honestly.
Post by Catriona R
Post by Lewis
Sentinax is dead simple, you fund a random group doing it. Without a
group is is very annoying ant time consuming because first you have to
farm the gems, then open the portals, then kill everything solo.
I generally much prefer soloing to pugging anything, glad I'm past
WQs are just not worth soloing, it is MUCH more effort for the exact
same reqard.

Get a world Quest addon, join a group, and you will basically be soloing
most of the WQs anyway, just getting done in much less time. It's not
like you actually grouping or coordinating, you are just all magnifying
the effort.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Peter T.
2018-05-13 09:37:56 UTC
Post by Lewis
The only thing I am doing before Broth is getting the class mounts. I
was going to pass on the Paladin one, buy since there is an achievement
for finishing the class order hall campaign on 5 characters, and that
gets me 90% of the way to the mount, I'm going to do that. (I have DK,
Hunter, Mage, and Monk already).
Wut? There is a mount reward for doing the class hall quest chain on 5
chars?
Peter T.
Lewis
2018-05-13 19:11:25 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Lewis
The only thing I am doing before Broth is getting the class mounts. I
was going to pass on the Paladin one, buy since there is an achievement
for finishing the class order hall campaign on 5 characters, and that
gets me 90% of the way to the mount, I'm going to do that. (I have DK,
Hunter, Mage, and Monk already).
Wut? There is a mount reward for doing the class hall quest chain on 5
chars?
No. There is a class mount that you are eligible for after completing
both the COH and Broken Isles.

There is an achievement for completing the COH on 5 characters.
--
"A thousand years ago we thought the world was a bowl. Five hundred
years ago we knew it was a globe. Today we know it is flat and round
shape it will turn out to be tomorrow?" [Lord Vetinari]
Lewis
2018-05-13 22:31:43 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Peter T.
Post by Lewis
The only thing I am doing before Broth is getting the class mounts. I
was going to pass on the Paladin one, buy since there is an achievement
for finishing the class order hall campaign on 5 characters, and that
gets me 90% of the way to the mount, I'm going to do that. (I have DK,
Hunter, Mage, and Monk already).
Wut? There is a mount reward for doing the class hall quest chain on 5
chars?
No. There is a class mount that you are eligible for after completing
both the COH and Broken Isles.
There is an achievement for completing the COH on 5 characters.
Five *classes*.

Also, there is a hidden achievement for completing 12.
--
Ahahahahaha! Ahahahaha! Aahahaha! BEWARE!!!!! Yrs sincerely The Opera
Ghost
Peter T.
2018-05-23 03:46:23 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Field Medic title - first aid is being removed so this title won't be
obtainable. And jeez, it's a nasty one to farm. Got 15/20 at present
and just chipping away 30 mins grind at a time when I can be bothered,
seems I already got the ones with a decent droprate. Might have to
join some farming groups to make it bearable, even though I far prefer
to farm for myself.
Yesterday I started farming the remaining quest items for the title. I
need 12. So I went to Azhara and genocided murlocs, pirates and bats
for the bloody bloody note in 5-6 hours I guess. Well. So far I've looted:

Loads of gold
4 stacks of clothes
139 dusts from DE'ed greenies
... and loads of greys

No note.

This is a tough one.

I have to admit I've got lots of those notes/prayers/pleas/requests
through the time and most of the time I've deleted the quests. I dont
know if those actions influence on the drop rate. But I hope not.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-23 23:02:42 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Field Medic title - first aid is being removed so this title won't be
obtainable. And jeez, it's a nasty one to farm. Got 15/20 at present
and just chipping away 30 mins grind at a time when I can be bothered,
seems I already got the ones with a decent droprate. Might have to
join some farming groups to make it bearable, even though I far prefer
to farm for myself.
Yesterday I started farming the remaining quest items for the title. I
need 12. So I went to Azhara and genocided murlocs, pirates and bats
Loads of gold
4 stacks of clothes
139 dusts from DE'ed greenies
... and loads of greys
No note.
This is a tough one.
Ouch. A tip: if you also need Val'sharah, massacre the murlocs on the
island in the west of Val (where the worldboss spawns) - they drop
Aszuna ones too so extra chances. I got my last Azsuna one there,
still need two Val'sharah quests though, moonkin farm seems best for
them but horrible droprate.

I was needing 11 or 12 when I started, got the first few pretty
quickly, mostly things where I could look at the wowhead droprate and
see an obvious target, something with 0.9% instead of 0.09. Now I'm
down to ones without an obvious target, or where the obvious target is
awkward - one in Stormheim supposedly has a 5% droprate from a named
guy who's only killable during a particular world quest; well I killed
him 30 times before I got bored, need that quest to spawn again and
have another go, but I suspect it's a better chance to just farm 0.4%
droprate murlocs instead.
Post by Peter T.
I have to admit I've got lots of those notes/prayers/pleas/requests
through the time and most of the time I've deleted the quests. I dont
know if those actions influence on the drop rate. But I hope not.
Most annoying thing for me is in the early part of the expansion it
was bugged and they didn't count - I wonder how many I did then (I
completed everything that dropped) which are now ones I need...
Peter T.
2018-05-24 01:50:56 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
This is a tough one.
Ouch. A tip: if you also need Val'sharah, massacre the murlocs on the
island in the west of Val (where the worldboss spawns) - they drop
Aszuna ones too so extra chances. I got my last Azsuna one there,
still need two Val'sharah quests though, moonkin farm seems best for
them but horrible droprate.
I tested that island just before I read your post. Spawnrate is odd
with the murlocs there. My focus is mainly on the savage felbats. The
spawnrate sucks and it's not easy to aggro them. But 1.9% droprate
sounds better than genociding murlocs. So I circle between the murlocs
west of the academy, the felbat and the pirates.
Two quests dropped from the pirates within a few minuts. I've already
done one of them, but did it again for the points. 766 atm. 11 quests
to go.
Peter T.
ASKF
2018-06-03 01:43:36 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
This is a tough one.
Ouch. A tip: if you also need Val'sharah, massacre the murlocs on the
island in the west of Val (where the worldboss spawns) - they drop
Aszuna ones too so extra chances. I got my last Azsuna one there,
still need two Val'sharah quests though, moonkin farm seems best for
them but horrible droprate.
I tested that island just before I read your post. Spawnrate is odd
with the murlocs there. My focus is mainly on the savage felbats. The
spawnrate sucks and it's not easy to aggro them. But 1.9% droprate
sounds better than genociding murlocs. So I circle between the murlocs
west of the academy, the felbat and the pirates.
Two quests dropped from the pirates within a few minuts. I've already
done one of them, but did it again for the points. 766 atm. 11 quests
to go.
Remember to do first aid quest then, at the Darkmoon Faire this week.
--
Allan Stig Kiilerich Frederiksen
"When you try to change a mans paradigm, you must keep in mind that he
-Myron Tribus
Peter T.
2018-05-25 10:30:36 UTC
Post by Catriona R
- one in Stormheim supposedly has a 5% droprate from a named
guy who's only killable during a particular world quest; well I killed
him 30 times before I got bored, need that quest to spawn again and
have another go, but I suspect it's a better chance to just farm 0.4%
droprate murlocs instead.
I went to Stormheim and farmed murlocs and seagulls. Seagulls drop
loads of greenies. Perfect for my tailor. :) Singed letter and Fevered
request dropped fast from the murlocs. One of them even dropped twice.
3 drops within an hour of farming murlocs.
I guess you're talking about the Crumbled request from Adrew the Free
Man (WQ) who are supposed to have a 5% droprate?
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-25 16:45:35 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
- one in Stormheim supposedly has a 5% droprate from a named
guy who's only killable during a particular world quest; well I killed
him 30 times before I got bored, need that quest to spawn again and
have another go, but I suspect it's a better chance to just farm 0.4%
droprate murlocs instead.
I went to Stormheim and farmed murlocs and seagulls. Seagulls drop
loads of greenies. Perfect for my tailor. :) Singed letter and Fevered
request dropped fast from the murlocs. One of them even dropped twice.
3 drops within an hour of farming murlocs.
Oh you're lucky, 2+ hours on those murlocs and nothing, sigh. Maybe my
luck will turn next time I try!
Post by Peter T.
I guess you're talking about the Crumbled request from Adrew the Free
Man (WQ) who are supposed to have a 5% droprate?
Yep, that's the one, killed him and everything around a lot last time
I saw the quest up but no luck so far. Not sure whether to bother
farming him again or stick to murlocs, that's the only one I still
need in Stormheim so theoretically farming him should be best but
depends if it's really 5%.
Peter T.
2018-05-25 18:48:01 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Yep, that's the one, killed him and everything around a lot last time
I saw the quest up but no luck so far. Not sure whether to bother
farming him again or stick to murlocs, that's the only one I still
need in Stormheim so theoretically farming him should be best but
depends if it's really 5%.
The crumbled just request dropped from a seagull. there are loads of
packs of them on the eastern coast just southeast of the murloc area in
Morheim. 160K hp each. Oneshot with aoe. Some of the packs rotates in
2-3 different spawn positions and they spawn fast.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-25 21:49:19 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Yep, that's the one, killed him and everything around a lot last time
I saw the quest up but no luck so far. Not sure whether to bother
farming him again or stick to murlocs, that's the only one I still
need in Stormheim so theoretically farming him should be best but
depends if it's really 5%.
The crumbled just request dropped from a seagull. there are loads of
packs of them on the eastern coast just southeast of the murloc area in
Morheim. 160K hp each. Oneshot with aoe. Some of the packs rotates in
2-3 different spawn positions and they spawn fast.
Ah cool, sounds good. Only problem is... I'm a disc priest. What's
aoe? :-P I'll have some in 8.0 (if they don't take it away again) but
that'll be a bit late for this purpose hehe. Can't wait to have more
options than tab, dot, tab, dot, etc etc.
Catriona R
2018-05-26 00:45:06 UTC
On Fri, 25 May 2018 22:49:19 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Yep, that's the one, killed him and everything around a lot last time
I saw the quest up but no luck so far. Not sure whether to bother
farming him again or stick to murlocs, that's the only one I still
need in Stormheim so theoretically farming him should be best but
depends if it's really 5%.
The crumbled just request dropped from a seagull. there are loads of
packs of them on the eastern coast just southeast of the murloc area in
Morheim. 160K hp each. Oneshot with aoe. Some of the packs rotates in
2-3 different spawn positions and they spawn fast.
Ah cool, sounds good. Only problem is... I'm a disc priest. What's
aoe? :-P I'll have some in 8.0 (if they don't take it away again) but
that'll be a bit late for this purpose hehe. Can't wait to have more
options than tab, dot, tab, dot, etc etc.
Had a go but decided those packs don't really work with my no aoe (ok
I could go holy for holy nova but feels a bit weird soloing in holy
spec now after so long as disc), so I spent an hour with the murlocs
instead. Got excited 20 mins in when a quest popped up - no, Singed
note, already had that. That one doesn't even have murlocs on the
first page of wowhead results for drop sources so it's 0.02% or worse,
compared with 0.2% and 0.4% for the 2 types of murloc. Just my luck to
get the one that's 10 times rarer! Even got a boe epic 45 mins in, but
no crumpled request lol, maybe another day...
Catriona R
2018-05-27 01:40:35 UTC
On Sat, 26 May 2018 01:45:06 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
Got excited 20 mins in when a quest popped up - no, Singed
note, already had that.
Just a word of warning, the "decline" button apparently doesn't always
do what it says; guess what I found in my questlog when I logged on
tonight? So all the farming after that dropped was a wase of time lol.
Having properly abandoned that quest I tried the Val'sharah
moonkin/slime farm, not bad, 25 mins in one dropped, and it was one of
the two I needed for that zone :-) So 4 remaining, decided it's a bit
late to continue that farm but I'll keep chipping away at themover
time!
Peter T.
2018-05-27 10:22:58 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Got excited 20 mins in when a quest popped up - no, Singed
note, already had that.
Just a word of warning, the "decline" button apparently doesn't always
do what it says; guess what I found in my questlog when I logged on
tonight? So all the farming after that dropped was a wase of time lol.
Having properly abandoned that quest I tried the Val'sharah
moonkin/slime farm, not bad, 25 mins in one dropped, and it was one of
the two I needed for that zone :-) So 4 remaining, decided it's a bit
late to continue that farm but I'll keep chipping away at themover
time!
You can have more than one first aid quest in your log. :)

After some heavily farming the last 3-4 days where I skipped WQs, PvP
etc I'm also at 12/16 now. I need bloody request in Val'sharah and
bloody letter, singed please and bloody prayer in Suramar. So I farm
furbolgs in Val'sharah heavily atm.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-27 12:34:41 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Got excited 20 mins in when a quest popped up - no, Singed
note, already had that.
Just a word of warning, the "decline" button apparently doesn't always
do what it says; guess what I found in my questlog when I logged on
tonight? So all the farming after that dropped was a wase of time lol.
Having properly abandoned that quest I tried the Val'sharah
moonkin/slime farm, not bad, 25 mins in one dropped, and it was one of
the two I needed for that zone :-) So 4 remaining, decided it's a bit
late to continue that farm but I'll keep chipping away at themover
time!
You can have more than one first aid quest in your log. :)
Can you? All wowhead comments I've read say they won't drop if you
already have one, the only way you can have two is if two drop at the
same time, so I prefer to be safe and get rid of them!
Post by Peter T.
After some heavily farming the last 3-4 days where I skipped WQs, PvP
etc I'm also at 12/16 now. I need bloody request in Val'sharah and
bloody letter, singed please and bloody prayer in Suramar. So I farm
furbolgs in Val'sharah heavily atm.
I now need one per zone (except Azsuna which I've finished), so a nice
high chance of getting the ones I don't need instead of those I do
lol, but at least I can change zones when I get bored! At least I'm
getting plenty of greens for my enchanter :-)
Peter T.
2018-05-27 13:05:23 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Can you? All wowhead comments I've read say they won't drop if you
already have one, the only way you can have two is if two drop at the
same time, so I prefer to be safe and get rid of them!
They drop so rarely it make peeps think they cant have more than one
quests at a time. But there are several answers to comments on wowhead
that tells the opposite.
Post by Catriona R
At least I'm getting plenty of greens for my enchanter :-)
For bags, I suppose. The only crafted item that never gets devaluated
for each expansion (almost). :)

Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-27 21:40:27 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Can you? All wowhead comments I've read say they won't drop if you
already have one, the only way you can have two is if two drop at the
same time, so I prefer to be safe and get rid of them!
They drop so rarely it make peeps think they cant have more than one
quests at a time. But there are several answers to comments on wowhead
that tells the opposite.
Ahh, must've missed those, good to know I was just unlucky and not
wasting time then.
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
At least I'm getting plenty of greens for my enchanter :-)
For bags, I suppose. The only crafted item that never gets devaluated
for each expansion (almost). :)
Skillups tbh, that character isn't max lvl character lvl yet, never
mind crafting lvl :-) Good point on the bags though, I keep forgetting
to make those, always good sellers at any time!
Peter T.
2018-05-29 11:39:50 UTC
Post by Peter T.
After some heavily farming the last 3-4 days where I skipped WQs, PvP
etc I'm also at 12/16 now.  I need bloody request in Val'sharah and
bloody letter, singed please and bloody prayer in Suramar.  So I farm
furbolgs in Val'sharah heavily atm.
Today I made a group for bloody prayer and bloody letter farm in
Suramar. The location was Lower Garden. Just perfect! 2 hours of
farming with friendly and consistent people gave me those quests. And
looooooaaaads of greenies for DE! Also I got full bags several times
during the farm + a few thousands in gold. We had instant spawns of
nightborne siegecasters and infiltrators. :)

Last quest is the bloody Plea in Val'Sharah. I'm gonna make a group for
it when I come home from work around late tonight or tomorrow. So look
out for a group with Field Medic Ach in the title. :)
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-29 16:12:58 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Peter T.
After some heavily farming the last 3-4 days where I skipped WQs, PvP
etc I'm also at 12/16 now.  I need bloody request in Val'sharah and
bloody letter, singed please and bloody prayer in Suramar.  So I farm
furbolgs in Val'sharah heavily atm.
Today I made a group for bloody prayer and bloody letter farm in
Suramar. The location was Lower Garden. Just perfect! 2 hours of
farming with friendly and consistent people gave me those quests. And
looooooaaaads of greenies for DE! Also I got full bags several times
during the farm + a few thousands in gold. We had instant spawns of
nightborne siegecasters and infiltrators. :)
Nice, I need to do that I think, hate grouping for farms but it's
getting a bit too tedious soloing for an hour plus with nothing to
show for it! Not so bad when there's an obvious target that's common,
but the only one I need in Suramar only has higher droprates on mobs
that are rare and awkward to get to, so probably mass farming a lower
droprate mob would be more effective.
Post by Peter T.
Last quest is the bloody Plea in Val'Sharah. I'm gonna make a group for
it when I come home from work around late tonight or tomorrow. So look
out for a group with Field Medic Ach in the title. :)
I don't tend to get on until late in the evening but if you're still
around and got space I may well join in :-) The moonkins and grells
are both popular spots, I found moonkin actually work well solo if
nobody else is around, by the time I've done a lap of the caves the
first ones have respawned.
Peter T.
2018-05-30 15:15:04 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
Last quest is the bloody Plea in Val'Sharah. I'm gonna make a group for
it when I come home from work around late tonight or tomorrow. So look
out for a group with Field Medic Ach in the title. :)
I don't tend to get on until late in the evening but if you're still
around and got space I may well join in :-) The moonkins and grells
are both popular spots, I found moonkin actually work well solo if
nobody else is around, by the time I've done a lap of the caves the
first ones have respawned.
Heh. I didnt bother to check raid finder until now. But I see there
are already many groups for the field medic ach.
Peter T.
Peter T.
2018-05-30 16:20:31 UTC
Heh.  I didnt bother to check raid finder until now.  But I see there
are already many groups for the field medic ach.
Found two groups for Val'sharah in the raidfinder. I joined the first
one who farmed furbolgs. Almost instant respawn, but also kinda slow
due to the low amount of groups of furbolgs in that area. I parted
after 15 minutes and joined another group that farmed grells. That was
much better!

15 minutes later of massacring grells; almost one bag full of greenies
and the final bloody note plea. :) I also got 2 or 3 fevered notes and
1 bloody letter as far as I remember. Crazy.

type Medic in the searchbox in the raidfinder windows and you should see
a list of groups in the different areas.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-30 18:01:36 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Heh.  I didnt bother to check raid finder until now.  But I see there
are already many groups for the field medic ach.
Found two groups for Val'sharah in the raidfinder. I joined the first
one who farmed furbolgs. Almost instant respawn, but also kinda slow
due to the low amount of groups of furbolgs in that area. I parted
after 15 minutes and joined another group that farmed grells. That was
much better!
15 minutes later of massacring grells; almost one bag full of greenies
and the final bloody note plea. :) I also got 2 or 3 fevered notes and
1 bloody letter as far as I remember. Crazy.
Grats! :-)
Post by Peter T.
type Medic in the searchbox in the raidfinder windows and you should see
a list of groups in the different areas.
Yeah I often see some, problem is they're usually on pvp realms and I
prefer to farm on pve ones for lower stress levels lol (I got an addon
that tells me what realmtype the groupleader is on, though that's not
always the realm the group is on).

Still, I had another shot at the Stormheim murlocs last night; farming
long periods burns me out so I refresh a 1 hour buff on starting and
quit when it ends... 3 mins left on buff, my quest drops, nice timing!

Also visited Uldum on my DMF rarefarming alt and found myself the
proud owner of an ugly camel and a Camel-Hoarder title, so a
successful night for me :-)
Peter T.
2018-05-30 21:09:19 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Yeah I often see some, problem is they're usually on pvp realms and I
prefer to farm on pve ones for lower stress levels lol (I got an addon
that tells me what realmtype the groupleader is on, though that's not
always the realm the group is on).
When I made a group for the medic ach in Suramar and I was the
groupleader I suddenly found myself on a pvp realm. I dont understand
this behaviour.
Post by Catriona R
Still, I had another shot at the Stormheim murlocs last night; farming
long periods burns me out so I refresh a 1 hour buff on starting and
quit when it ends... 3 mins left on buff, my quest drops, nice timing!
A DK handed me some food ingredients 2 days ago. I wondered why, but I
kept killing mobs. It was the ingredients for the bear tartare food.
The speed buff is very handy when farming items in a small area.
Post by Catriona R
Also visited Uldum on my DMF rarefarming alt and found myself the
proud owner of an ugly camel and a Camel-Hoarder title, so a
successful night for me :-)
Yay! Grats! I spent hours and hours and hours on that one. =)
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-30 21:27:33 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Yeah I often see some, problem is they're usually on pvp realms and I
prefer to farm on pve ones for lower stress levels lol (I got an addon
that tells me what realmtype the groupleader is on, though that's not
always the realm the group is on).
When I made a group for the medic ach in Suramar and I was the
groupleader I suddenly found myself on a pvp realm. I dont understand
this behaviour.
Argh, that sucks. Maybe 2 people from the same realm joined but it's
unpredictable. I look forward to the new pvp toggle in BfA - if it's
set off, it stays off... although it has the downside of halving the
number of groups visisble, I believe ones for the mode you're not in
just won't show up. That said, only hardcore pvpers (or brave
rarefarmers wanting less competition) will have it toggled on when
they want to do pve content, I imagine anyone wanting anything unusual
would toggle it off anyway.
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Still, I had another shot at the Stormheim murlocs last night; farming
long periods burns me out so I refresh a 1 hour buff on starting and
quit when it ends... 3 mins left on buff, my quest drops, nice timing!
A DK handed me some food ingredients 2 days ago. I wondered why, but I
kept killing mobs. It was the ingredients for the bear tartare food.
The speed buff is very handy when farming items in a small area.
I never even thought of using that lol, always hear people talking
about it too. Note taken; I'll craft some before my next farming run!
Post by Peter T.
Post by Catriona R
Also visited Uldum on my DMF rarefarming alt and found myself the
proud owner of an ugly camel and a Camel-Hoarder title, so a
successful night for me :-)
Yay! Grats! I spent hours and hours and hours on that one. =)
I bet, if you did it on Draenor then seriously well done, it was too
much for me :-) I found one figurine in many runs there... DMF I was
reliably finding one every 2-3 days, just from visiting and doing one
circuit of the zone; it was only my 6th that was the lucky one so I'm
feeling lucky there!

I focussed that one plus Pandaria due to higher spawn rates, guess
I'll switch more to TLPD and Voidtalon now, much much lower chance and
higher competition, but hopefully some chance. I also stumbled across
one of the items for the Azsuna hippogryph while levelling -
apparently they can spawn in lvl 110 areas so that's another target
for me: lvl to 110 and have a shot at it, should be fairly achieveable
there :-)
Peter T.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-05-26 15:03:10 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Ah cool, sounds good. Only problem is... I'm a disc priest. What's
aoe? :-P I'll have some in 8.0 (if they don't take it away again) but
that'll be a bit late for this purpose hehe. Can't wait to have more
options than tab, dot, tab, dot, etc etc.
Argh!
Lol that's my exact feelings when I have to aoe stuff ;-) In fairness
I do have an aoe talent... 150k frontal cone on a 15 sec cd. Yeah,
useful. Can not wait to get holy nova back, I'm just hoping they
don't decide not to add it after all...
Catriona R
2018-05-28 02:17:28 UTC
On Thu, 10 May 2018 17:19:16 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
I've been busy levelling, made a death knight, got it to
70, which unlocked a demon hunter, who I'll probably lvl enough to get
the artifact weapon and more gear, as Pandaria rares are pretty slow
to kill with just the starter zone gear. I've made myself a big list
of stuff I'd almost given up on farming, here's hoping I get a few of
them before time runs out!
Well this is paying off nicely, 2x Zandalari dinosaur mounts, every
toy on mainland Pandaria, several items I needed for
https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8728/going-to-need-a-bigger-bag
(only 7 left for that now, I'd got a lot with my main but those 30-60
min spawns that are always dead and still haven't dropped after 70+
kills really needed this approach), even found Pathrunner alive on my
first visit to Shadowmoon Valley!

But ouch, tonight sucked... I found Poundfist! Great, I thought!
But... he killed me. 3 times before I gave up; I'm lvl 102, he's 103
elite, and popping every single cd I have only gets him to 20% before
I die. Arrrgghhhh!!! Well, at least I discovered this on him, and not
on the voidtalon boss (even more rare)... guess I need to do some
levelling! Probably 105 would do it, it was close, just wasn't close
enough.
Catriona R
2018-06-09 00:06:45 UTC
Got a bit distracted from my goals due to levelling my
tailor/enchanter warlock to 110 the other day, and finding every
class/profession questline stuck on different dungeons. I hate gogogo
pugs so wondered what gear lvl I'd need to be able to just solo the
things; I'd heard affliction lock+voidwalker is pretty good. Gave
Black Rook Hold a go at 875 after some work on gearing, no problem at
all! Great, soloing is so much more fun than trying to keep up with
pugs :-)

Finally finished Antorus LFR tonight, yeesh I'm not a fan of so many
really complicated mechanics, can't hold all of them in my head at
once! Yes, most don't matter hugely in LFR but there's still more than
enough things to pay attention to lol. Still, it's finished and I can
finish the questlines and see what's up in Silithus now, great.

Had two first aid quests remaining, one was Fevered Note in
Val'sharah, before I went to grind moonkins I looked at the droprates
on wowhead and noted the highest is WQ-only harpies, but there's also
a good chance from harpies around Thastalah... 5 mins and it dropped!
Well, that was hard lol :-) Hope I get the same kind of luck with my
last one in Suramar, but there's not such an obvious target there,
we'll see I guess!

Got my last dino mount in Pandaria and a couple more Timeless isle
drops, haven't been on that alt for a few days but I've got her up to
107, aiming for 110 so I can go for the Aszuna hippogryph, shouldn't
take too long if I put my mind to it.

I see they're going to make mage tower perma-available for the last
few weeks, good, I'll resub my druid soon to have a go but it'll be
good to have slightly less time pressure on it when it's not only
available in small windows.
Catriona R
2018-06-11 21:40:47 UTC
On Sat, 09 Jun 2018 01:06:45 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
I see they're going to make mage tower perma-available for the last
few weeks, good, I'll resub my druid soon to have a go but it'll be
good to have slightly less time pressure on it when it's not only
available in small windows.
Hah, who needs perma-access - glowy cat form DONE! My goodness that
was stressful, I suck at things like this, too many things to
concentrate on at once; I'm actually rather surprised I did it and
didn't have to resort to getting my other half to do it for me, but I
got it on the 11th attempt, phew! Not totally sure I can stand the
stress of trying any others, but this was *the* one I really really
wanted, so if it's the only one I do, I'm happy anyway.

So now I have 29 days and 22 hours of sub left lol, wonder what to do
with that then. Guess he can team up with my newly-dinged warlock for
a few dungeons to get the orange glowy cat recolour :-)
Catriona R
2018-06-14 02:24:06 UTC
Post by Catriona R
aiming for 110 so I can go for the Aszuna hippogryph, shouldn't
take too long if I put my mind to it.
That was easier than I expected, dinged 110 tonight, did some
intensive gear-hunting so I could handle the elite areas, got an addon
that put all the spawns on my map... and found it after 30 mins flying
around every spot. Didn't even need to be 110 lol, they all spawned in
areas that scale down to 100, but still, had to be safe as it would've
been a massive waste of time if one was on watchers isle!
Peter T.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-06-14 15:00:09 UTC
Post by Catriona R
aiming for 110 so I can go for the Aszuna hippogryph, shouldn't
take too long if I put my mind to it.
That was easier than I expected, dinged 110 tonight, did some
intensive gear-hunting so I could handle the elite areas, got an addon
that put all the spawns on my map... and found it after 30 mins flying
around every spot. Didn't even need to be 110 lol, they all spawned in
areas that scale down to 100, but still, had to be safe as it would've
been a massive waste of time if one was on watchers isle!
Woaah! Grats! :D
Thanks, surprised me how well that went; tbh I think I might've been
able to get it on Draenor as now I realise I'd seen the crystals a
couple of times there... but chances are if I'd tried someone would've
beat me to it so DMF worked better. If you don't have it yet, try
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/long-forgotten-hippogryph -
makes a right mess of the Azsuna map with dots everywhere but it seems
very accurate and most have detailed descriptions on mouseover so you
can make sure you're looking in the right place, someone's put a whole
lot of effort into that one.

Oh yeah and after that I found Poundfist and got revenge on him for
killing me at 102, so that's another one off the list. Successful
night :-)
Peter T.
2018-06-14 22:25:36 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Thanks, surprised me how well that went; tbh I think I might've been
able to get it on Draenor as now I realise I'd seen the crystals a
couple of times there... but chances are if I'd tried someone would've
beat me to it so DMF worked better. If you don't have it yet, try
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/long-forgotten-hippogryph -
makes a right mess of the Azsuna map with dots everywhere but it seems
very accurate and most have detailed descriptions on mouseover so you
can make sure you're looking in the right place, someone's put a whole
lot of effort into that one.
My Aszuna map is already a mess of dots everywhere I found on a website.
I use Paste and Tomtom for it. But I'm gonna check right now. Thank
you. :)
Post by Catriona R
Oh yeah and after that I found Poundfist and got revenge on him for
killing me at 102, so that's another one off the list. Successful
night :-)
Woop!
Peter T.
Peter T.
2018-06-14 22:41:40 UTC
http://lfh.worldofpunks.com/
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-06-14 23:38:53 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Peter T.
My Aszuna map is already a mess of dots everywhere I found on a website.
http://lfh.worldofpunks.com/
Heh, you know something's a pain to get when someone makes a website
guide for it! Like http://compuball.com/games.php?game=wow&page=tlpd
that I'm using for TLPD... although that has not had any success yet,
maybe one day lol.
Catriona R
2018-06-15 00:11:51 UTC
Ahh, tonight's achievement: Field medic complete! Been 19/20 for a few
days, must've spent 3-4 hours farming in Suramar, going for the
highest droprate on Wowhead, which is usually a good way to go even
when it's not what everyone else farms. Ok, the highest mob has 7
spawns on a normal (slow) respawn, but tonight I'd do them and then
fly to an area with a few more of a slightly lower (but still
relatively high) droprate and farm those plus everything nearby for
long enough for the first lot to respawn. Did that for 1.5 hours,
nothing. Got bored and went to the high spawnrate area everyone uses
for group farming... 2 mins later it dropped! Sometimes I swear it
just needs a change of scenery, not the first one that's dropped
really fast after I changed what I was farming.

Well, that's all my initial pre-BfA goals achieved :-) Still a few
rares I'm hunting on DMF, although I don't have great hopes of them,
as I'm down to the super-rare ones now.

Added "maybe" goal: mage tower weapon for my DH... given she dinged
110 last night, and I find raiding very wearing, I do not think I will
achieveit so hey, no big deal. More realistic goal: class mounts for
warlock and DH, both recently dinged. Also I'm now at 297 mounts so
the 300 achievement is a nice goal, maybe some more work on paragon
chests is called for; there's about 6 mounts I miss from those (3 from
the argus one), plus a couple of Argus drops.
Peter T.
2018-06-15 09:03:30 UTC
Post by Catriona R
aiming for 110 so I can go for the Aszuna hippogryph, shouldn't
take too long if I put my mind to it.
That was easier than I expected, dinged 110 tonight, did some
intensive gear-hunting so I could handle the elite areas, got an addon
that put all the spawns on my map... and found it after 30 mins flying
around every spot. Didn't even need to be 110 lol, they all spawned in
areas that scale down to 100, but still, had to be safe as it would've
been a massive waste of time if one was on watchers isle!
Got the mount 1 min ago! :D And of course I got it on my old realm.
Peter T.
Peter T.
2018-06-15 09:22:06 UTC
Got the mount 1 min ago! :D  And of course I got it on my old realm.
Tomtom:

/way remove all

Ahhh... No more gazillions yellow dots on the map. Nice and clean
Aszuna again. =)
Peter T.
Peter T.
2018-06-15 10:14:33 UTC
Ahhh...  No more gazillions yellow dots on the map.  Nice and clean
Aszuna again. =)
299/300 mounts. I finally got farmed the last 1K black fang claws for
the bristleboar in Tanaan. A few mins ago I read a mount also drops in
ToS. So I have decided to queue for the mounts in ToS and Antorus.
Getting the 300 mounts ach in an LFR raid will be sooooo....! :D
Peter T.
Peter T.
2018-06-15 10:15:09 UTC
Post by Peter T.
the bristleboar
Bristling hellboar*
Peter T.
Peter T.
2018-06-15 10:57:22 UTC
299/300 mounts.  I finally got farmed the last 1K black fang claws for
the bristleboar in Tanaan.  A few mins ago I read a mount also drops in
ToS.  So I have decided to queue for the mounts in ToS and Antorus.
Getting the 300 mounts ach in an LFR raid will be sooooo....! :D
Oh well. Queued for both raids, got nothing in ToS. The raid in
Antorus was at the last boss so I quitted and got a 30 min raid ban.
Decided to farm mounts in Draenor so I logged my ally druid and found
pathrunner at the first spawning point. 300 mounts ach. :)
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-06-15 14:07:28 UTC
Post by Peter T.
299/300 mounts.  I finally got farmed the last 1K black fang claws for
the bristleboar in Tanaan.  A few mins ago I read a mount also drops in
ToS.  So I have decided to queue for the mounts in ToS and Antorus.
Getting the 300 mounts ach in an LFR raid will be sooooo....! :D
Oh well. Queued for both raids, got nothing in ToS. The raid in
Antorus was at the last boss so I quitted and got a 30 min raid ban.
Decided to farm mounts in Draenor so I logged my ally druid and found
pathrunner at the first spawning point. 300 mounts ach. :)
Oh congrats! :-D I need to get around to that Tanaan farm, that'd be
one of my 3 I still need, the others will be down to RNG drops or
extreme luck with rare spawns though.

And now there'll be a 400 mounts achievement... I'm not sure that's
even possible for anyone who hasn't done rated PVP every season...?
Wish they'd at least let some of the vicious saddle mounts be
available for honor, the ones that are 4-5+ years old surely don't
need to still be exclusive!
Lewis
2018-06-20 12:51:07 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
299/300 mounts.  I finally got farmed the last 1K black fang claws for
the bristleboar in Tanaan.  A few mins ago I read a mount also drops in
ToS.  So I have decided to queue for the mounts in ToS and Antorus.
Getting the 300 mounts ach in an LFR raid will be sooooo....! :D
Oh well. Queued for both raids, got nothing in ToS. The raid in
Antorus was at the last boss so I quitted and got a 30 min raid ban.
Decided to farm mounts in Draenor so I logged my ally druid and found
pathrunner at the first spawning point. 300 mounts ach. :)
Oh congrats! :-D I need to get around to that Tanaan farm, that'd be
one of my 3 I still need, the others will be down to RNG drops or
extreme luck with rare spawns though.
It's tedious.
Post by Catriona R
And now there'll be a 400 mounts achievement... I'm not sure that's
even possible for anyone who hasn't done rated PVP every season...?
It is not possible now. It will be possible in Broth.
--
You could save people. You could get there in the nick of time. And
something could snap its fingers and say, no , it has to be that way.
Music
Catriona R
Grats! :-)
Peter T.
2018-06-01 07:45:57 UTC
I have 3 chars with full 950 champion roster doing gold and rep item
missions every day. I got the turtle mount from the trader in Dalaran a
few weeks ago so, now I just farm those coins (cant remember the name)
for the nether shoulder enchants from the same trader.
I have the sidequests in Silithus, Basin and Dragonblight to do. What else?

I've just leveled a druid from 100 to 110 on my old realm. Nostalgic.
DMF is really empty compared to Draenor. Should I start farming old
raid mounts again? I still need a handful of those + the 8-10% drop
from the second boss in Antorus. 294/300 mounts. 1 inc from Tanaan and
2 or 3 more from the prestige grind. So basically I'm at 297/300 or
298/300 mounts.
I only do the pvp WQs atm and havent done a single BG in a week due to a
new mouse (Roccat Kova). Both my 2 other mice (steelseries crap) died
in the switches within 2 weeks so now I'm training my hand and fingers
in learning the new buttons. I think it's called "muscular memory" or
something like that. Anyway! I still struggle with the extra buttons
on my new Roccat mouse which makes me ez-meat(TM) in pvp. :)
I'm left-handed so finding a good mouse is a walk in the desert. If I
had the money I would have bought the Logitech G903. No doubt! But the
price is just sky-high.

Oh. My mage has all legendaries now. So when I make a new legendary
it's a 101 item for a random class. Yesterday I got a warrior
legendary. That is the only class I havent played. Go fury? :P
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-06-01 13:15:44 UTC
Post by Peter T.
I have 3 chars with full 950 champion roster doing gold and rep item
missions every day.
Nice, I've only got one at 950 since I unsubbed my 2nd account,
working on another but I think by the time I lvl up it'll be close to
8.0 anyway. Decent money and rep from the one I do have though!
Post by Peter T.
I got the turtle mount from the trader in Dalaran a
few weeks ago so, now I just farm those coins (cant remember the name)
for the nether shoulder enchants from the same trader.
Heh I've been sitting on 150+ coins for about a month now, every time
I remember to check for the mount it's not up, one day I'll actually
look on the right day!
Post by Peter T.
I have the sidequests in Silithus, Basin and Dragonblight to do. What else?
Done two of those but haven't unlocked Silithus yet, new LFR raids
scare me (don't want to be yelled at for not knowing stuff) so I'm
working through slowly, getting comfortable with one wing before
trying another. I'm starting wing 3 now so maybe another week or two
lol... :-P
Post by Peter T.
I've just leveled a druid from 100 to 110 on my old realm. Nostalgic.
DMF is really empty compared to Draenor.
Yeah, I love it over there, empty servers suit me way better, Draenor
isn't any fun with such a crowd. Although it's not so great when I
want to do something where another player would be useful, actually
have to look for a group then (and nobody seems to list groups for the
DH class hall bosses when I'm looking)
Post by Peter T.
Should I start farming old
raid mounts again?
I'd wait for 8.0; all my instance farming is on hold until then, as
they changed looting in 7.5.3 (I think) so you always get personal
loot. Unsurprisingly transmog farmers were upset, as it means you only
get loot for your class/spec, even if you could equip something
labelled for another class (eg if I want a bow look I *have* to take a
hunter, even though my rogue or warrior can perfectly well equip and
learn it). In 8.0 they're adding legacy loot, where in past expansion
content you'll get everything you would've got before (I think, at
least). So I'm waiting for that, might as well farm transmog while
going for my low-drop mounts!
Post by Peter T.
I still need a handful of those + the 8-10% drop
from the second boss in Antorus. 294/300 mounts. 1 inc from Tanaan and
2 or 3 more from the prestige grind. So basically I'm at 297/300 or
298/300 mounts.
Nice one! I'm at 293 now after actually getting my paladin mounts...
actually I haven't logged her in for a couple of days (only she
updates the counter now) so it might be 294 with the camel. If the 3rd
dino mount ever drops that'll be one more, after that it's Tanaan
farm, lunkers farm, and then really hard to find rares (which my DMF
character *might* get really lucky on, or probably won't) and the
remaining instance ones.
Post by Peter T.
I only do the pvp WQs atm and havent done a single BG in a week due to a
new mouse (Roccat Kova). Both my 2 other mice (steelseries crap) died
in the switches within 2 weeks so now I'm training my hand and fingers
in learning the new buttons. I think it's called "muscular memory" or
something like that. Anyway! I still struggle with the extra buttons
on my new Roccat mouse which makes me ez-meat(TM) in pvp. :)
I'm left-handed so finding a good mouse is a walk in the desert. If I
had the money I would have bought the Logitech G903. No doubt! But the
price is just sky-high.
Ouch, I bet! I can't manage gaming mice, too many buttons just
confuses me and I mash the wrong thing under pressure, so I've stuck
with the same 2 thumb button type I've had since I began gaming years
ago. I'm very happy Microsoft brought out Classic Intellimouse this
year; I used that for many many years as it's the right shape for my
hands (I have smallish hands and most mice are either enormous or tiny
without thumb buttons) and had been struggling along with a very old
one for years, I finally got one a few weeks back and it's just what I
wanted. Can see why half the comments say it's not as good for gaming
as the old ones but as I play MMOs and not FPSes I don't care, it
works for what I need :-)
Post by Peter T.
Oh. My mage has all legendaries now. So when I make a new legendary
it's a 101 item for a random class. Yesterday I got a warrior
legendary. That is the only class I havent played. Go fury? :P
Oh nice, I haven't even filled out one spec yet lol, even after all
this time! Last one I got was the selfressing cloak, still undecided
if it's a blessing or a curse in LFR; great to pretend I didn't just
screw up and die lol (and saved a wipe when all the healers died with
about 3% left on the boss one time), but a pain in a wipe as I take
twice as long to die as anyone else...
Peter T.
2018-06-15 11:25:21 UTC
I've reached my main goal in the game for this time. 300 mounts ach.
And it's time to have a break from the game or at least minimize my play
time. I will keep my sub running though, but I have not yet bought the
expansion. I still have 9 or 10 rapid minds exp pots from MoP in the
inventory. They're going for +100K gold on AH. Easy gold. Sitting on
3.5-4M gold atm.

I stopped doing heroic dungeons and LFR raids about a month ago as I
dont need anymore legendaries anyway. I'm tired of tanks rushing
dungeons at crazy speed and retarded people in LFRs calling other
players retarded (hm!) because "this is LFR full of
n00bs/nabs/retards!!!111oneoneone". I'm 45. I'm too old for that
behaviour.
There are still some 7.3 side quests/rep farm in my quest log (silithus,
Sholazar Basin, Dragonblight). I'm gonna do those when I don't have
anything else to do and I just need to relax with a beer or three and
some gaming. And maybe some battlegrounds. :)

Besides that. Real life call for my attention. I'm looking for a new
job. Hobbies; photographing, coding, networking, WoW, garden... So
many things to do irl and I dont know what to do first. Prioritizing
can be difficult.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-06-15 14:14:54 UTC
Post by Peter T.
I've reached my main goal in the game for this time. 300 mounts ach.
And it's time to have a break from the game or at least minimize my play
time. I will keep my sub running though, but I have not yet bought the
expansion. I still have 9 or 10 rapid minds exp pots from MoP in the
inventory. They're going for +100K gold on AH. Easy gold. Sitting on
3.5-4M gold atm.
Oh nice one, you'll be in a good position for that brutosaur mount
then! I'd love it but I'm not even halfway there, can afford the
spider but only just.
Post by Peter T.
I stopped doing heroic dungeons and LFR raids about a month ago as I
dont need anymore legendaries anyway. I'm tired of tanks rushing
dungeons at crazy speed and retarded people in LFRs calling other
players retarded (hm!) because "this is LFR full of
n00bs/nabs/retards!!!111oneoneone". I'm 45. I'm too old for that
behaviour.
Yep, I rarely do LFR, took me until last week to actually finish
Antorus as it's pretty offputting, and sadly nobody else uses the
votekick feature on the trolls so they never get any negative feedback
about their attitude. I had to put one guy on ignore because he spent
ages bitching about someone who'd queued as healer but wasn't healing
- now I hate that too, as a healer who has to compensate for the
non-healing healers, but to go on and on and on about it? The
complaining guy was the one I got more sick of first...
Post by Peter T.
There are still some 7.3 side quests/rep farm in my quest log (silithus,
Sholazar Basin, Dragonblight). I'm gonna do those when I don't have
anything else to do and I just need to relax with a beer or three and
some gaming. And maybe some battlegrounds. :)
Besides that. Real life call for my attention. I'm looking for a new
job. Hobbies; photographing, coding, networking, WoW, garden... So
many things to do irl and I dont know what to do first. Prioritizing
can be difficult.
Hehe I know that feeling, generally it's multiple games all wanting my
attention, plus various sports I follow and books I want to read. WoW
got my attention last few weeks due to trying to catch up on goals,
but a lot of the time now it's GW2, and I have an itch to play Theme
Hospital at the moment with all I'm hearing about the development of
Two Point Hospital (made by the same people as Theme Hospital and
looks promising as a modern version... fingers crossed, I loved the
original).