any tips on becoming exalted with Darkspear Trolls?
echinacea
2009-06-04 15:38:59 UTC
I have a blood elf and I dont like the chicken mounts they have....I
want a raptor but I have to be exalted. He's only 17 at the moment so
I know its a long way before I'll be getting the mount and I know I
can turn in some cloth but the repeatable runecloth starts at 50.
so....whats a good way to work up my faction with Darkspear before 30?
I went to Sen-Jin and did all those quests and then went straight to
Ashenvale. I plan on doing all the quests that originate from
Darkspear camps so I was curious if there were any instances to do or
mobs to farm which also give faction.
Nemesis
2009-06-04 15:53:25 UTC
Post by echinacea
I have a blood elf and I dont like the chicken mounts they have....I
want a raptor but I have to be exalted. He's only 17 at the moment so
I know its a long way before I'll be getting the mount and I know I
can turn in some cloth but the repeatable runecloth starts at 50.
so....whats a good way to work up my faction with Darkspear before 30?
I went to Sen-Jin and did all those quests and then went straight to
Ashenvale. I plan on doing all the quests that originate from
Darkspear camps so I was curious if there were any instances to do or
mobs to farm which also give faction.
Noob quests in the Orc / troll starting areas as they award rep for
both groups so I would have started from there before doing the ones
from Sen-Jin. I'm thinking that the only instance that might give rep
points at that level would be the one at Blackfantom Deeps. The quest
giver for those are located south of there, at the troll / orc camp.
Honesty I don't think you can get exalted to any faction other than
your native one prior to level 30. Remember that until a little less
than a year ago, you had to reach level 40 to get your mounts. The
rep rewards weren't adjusted to account for the lowering of the mount
levels the way they did with the prices for the skills needed.
twk
2009-06-04 16:20:16 UTC
In article
Post by Nemesis
Post by echinacea
[...]
This might help:
<http://www.wowhead.com/?faction=530#quests>

All you need to know in one spot.
--
Hypanthia, Night Elf, Shadow Priest, Enchantress/Herbalist.
Py, Dwarf, Hunter, Miner/Alchemist.
twk
2009-06-04 23:44:04 UTC
Post by twk
<http://www.wowhead.com/?faction=530#quests>
All you need to know in one spot.
Other things you can do to gain rep are the seasonal quests. Many offer
rep rewards such as the Lunar Festival:
<http://www.wowwiki.com/Lunar_Festival>
Collecting the coins gets you quite a bit of rep for only a little
effort.
<http://www.wowwiki.com/Elders>
You might even get an achievement or two, and a title.

Check the calendar for the latest events and rewards. Come to think of
it, I believe nearly all the events have some rep rewards.

I haven't checked but the Midsummer Fire Festival is coming up
<http://www.wowwiki.com/Midsummer_Fire_Festival>
It may offer rep rewards. You'll have to check.
John Gordon
2009-06-04 16:27:27 UTC
Post by echinacea
Darkspear camps so I was curious if there were any instances to do or
mobs to farm which also give faction.
Old-world instances don't award rep. The only way to get rep at your level
is to do quests, which you've done.
***@panix.com B is for Basil, assaulted by bears
Wombatt
2009-06-04 17:05:36 UTC
so do you think I'll be able to get exalted just by doing darkspear
quests? (without having to turn in lots of runecloth)
John Gordon
2009-06-04 17:27:06 UTC
Post by Wombatt
so do you think I'll be able to get exalted just by doing darkspear
quests? (without having to turn in lots of runecloth)
I doubt it. It takes a lot of work to get Exalted with your own race,
let alone another race.

Once you get to level 80 there are dailies you can do for rep with any
of the horde races, but that's a long way off.
***@panix.com B is for Basil, assaulted by bears
Wombatt
2009-06-04 17:41:01 UTC
Post by Wombatt
so do you think I'll be able to get exalted just by doing darkspear
quests? (without having to turn in lots of runecloth)
I doubt it.  It takes a lot of work to get Exalted with your own race,
let alone another race.
Once you get to level 80 there are dailies you can do for rep with any
of the horde races, but that's a long way off.
--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
blech.....i hate that chicken mount

what kind of mount do the new allied race get?
John Gordon
2009-06-04 17:56:10 UTC
Post by Wombatt
blech.....i hate that chicken mount
what kind of mount do the new allied race get?
An elephant.
***@panix.com B is for Basil, assaulted by bears
Nemesis
2009-06-04 18:39:57 UTC
Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
blech.....i hate that chicken mount
what kind of mount do the new allied race get?
An elephant.
I would just get the mount for my race, then work on getting exalted
so I could replace it with the mount from another race. I'm trying
for riding wolves for my Blood Elves.
Wombatt
2009-06-04 18:48:33 UTC
Post by Nemesis
Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
blech.....i hate that chicken mount
what kind of mount do the new allied race get?
An elephant.
I would just get the mount for my race, then work on getting exalted
so I could replace it with the mount from another race.  I'm trying
for riding wolves for my Blood Elves.
yeah, i can handle the chicken while leveling......actually, what i
REALLY want is a tiger mount from the darkelves but I doubt a horde
can get alliance faction up to exalted.

Another thing is since im just returning to the game, all the blood
elf quests and zones are new to me....so instead of doing troll
content again i guess i should just ride the chicken until im high
enough to breeze through the low level quests for darkspear by one
shotting mobs.
Catriona R
2009-06-04 18:59:05 UTC
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:48:33 -0700 (PDT), Wombatt
Post by Wombatt
Post by Nemesis
Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
blech.....i hate that chicken mount
what kind of mount do the new allied race get?
An elephant.
I would just get the mount for my race, then work on getting exalted
so I could replace it with the mount from another race.  I'm trying
for riding wolves for my Blood Elves.
yeah, i can handle the chicken while leveling......actually, what i
REALLY want is a tiger mount from the darkelves but I doubt a horde
can get alliance faction up to exalted.
Correct, the only way you can get a tiger is go to Zul'Gurub and hope
the (very rare) mount drops there. I've been there probably 10+ times
with a friend and never seen it so don't get your hopes up too high...
Post by Wombatt
Another thing is since im just returning to the game, all the blood
elf quests and zones are new to me....so instead of doing troll
content again i guess i should just ride the chicken until im high
enough to breeze through the low level quests for darkspear by one
shotting mobs.
Yeah, howadays you get full rep no matter what level you are when you do
the quests so it's easier to do them when you're higher level. If you
can put up with that horrible chicken then go for it - I just took the
easy route and made my only blood elf characters a warlock and a
paladin, so I can use their class mounts instead :-)
--
EU-Draenor:
Sagart (80 Undead Priest)
Ruire (69 Blood Elf Paladin)
Wombatt
2009-06-04 19:54:53 UTC
Post by Catriona R
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:48:33 -0700 (PDT), Wombatt
Correct, the only way you can get a tiger is go to Zul'Gurub and hope
the (very rare) mount drops there. I've been there probably 10+ times
with a friend and never seen it so don't get your hopes up too high...
i bet that thing binds on loot so theres a zero chance i'll find one
in AH and even then it would prolly cost a K or two
Catriona R
2009-06-04 20:04:02 UTC
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 12:54:53 -0700 (PDT), Wombatt
Post by Wombatt
Post by Catriona R
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:48:33 -0700 (PDT), Wombatt
Correct, the only way you can get a tiger is go to Zul'Gurub and hope
the (very rare) mount drops there. I've been there probably 10+ times
with a friend and never seen it so don't get your hopes up too high...
i bet that thing binds on loot so theres a zero chance i'll find one
in AH and even then it would prolly cost a K or two
Yeah it's bind on pickup so you have to be there in person (it's a lvl
60 raid so no use to you at lower levels anyway)
Ruire (69 Blood Elf Paladin)
Wombatt
how do I get a motorcycle!!
Rob Wynne
2009-06-04 21:03:12 UTC
Post by Wombatt
Post by Catriona R
[...]
In the immortal words of Billy Joel:

All you need are looks and a whole lot of money.

You need to know (or be) an engineer with 450 engineering and an exalted
reptuation with the Vallience Expidition.

You'll also need about 14k gold in mats. 12.5k of those mats can only be
purchased by the engineer who builds the bike.
--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / ***@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/
Aphelion - Original SF&F since 1997 - http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/
Wombatt
2009-06-04 21:08:17 UTC
Post by Rob Wynne
Post by Wombatt
Post by Catriona R
[...]
Aphelion - Original SF&F since 1997 -http://www.aphelion-webzine.com/- Hide quoted text -
wow....my troll hunter on a PVP server is an engineer.

but it would be a while to cough up that kind of cash selling stacks
of wool for 5gp
Rob Wynne
2009-06-04 21:10:24 UTC
Post by Rob Wynne
You need to know (or be) an engineer with 450 engineering and an exalted
reptuation with the Vallience Expidition.
Following up myself to add: "...or the equivilant Horde faction."

I applogize for the Alliancentrism. :)
John Gordon
2009-06-04 21:06:47 UTC
Post by Wombatt
how do I get a motorcycle!!
Pay an engineer a lot of money to make one for you.
***@panix.com B is for Basil, assaulted by bears
Nemesis
2009-06-05 14:33:36 UTC
Post by Wombatt
Post by Catriona R
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:48:33 -0700 (PDT), Wombatt
Correct, the only way you can get a tiger is go to Zul'Gurub and hope
the (very rare) mount drops there. I've been there probably 10+ times
with a friend and never seen it so don't get your hopes up too high...
i bet that thing binds on loot so theres a zero chance i'll find one
in AH and even then it would prolly cost a K or two
Yeah it's bind on pickup so you have to be there in person (it's a lvl
60 raid so no use to you at lower levels anyway)
Isn't it like that with all mounts? At least the ones from drops? In
which case you'd never see a mount being offered in the AH.
Catriona R
2009-06-07 21:26:05 UTC
Post by Wombatt
Post by Catriona R
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 11:48:33 -0700 (PDT), Wombatt
Correct, the only way you can get a tiger is go to Zul'Gurub and hope
the (very rare) mount drops there. I've been there probably 10+ times
with a friend and never seen it so don't get your hopes up too high...
i bet that thing binds on loot so theres a zero chance i'll find one
in AH and even then it would prolly cost a K or two
Yeah it's bind on pickup so you have to be there in person (it's a lvl
60 raid so no use to you at lower levels anyway)
Isn't it like that with all mounts? At least the ones from drops? In
which case you'd never see a mount being offered in the AH.
Yep, I think the only mounts which can go on the AH are the crafted
ones? So the mechanohog (super expensive) and flying carpets
(tailor-only) - I have seen a carpet up once, doubt it sold though.
Ruire (69 Blood Elf Paladin)
Lancelet
2009-06-08 12:23:00 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Post by Nemesis
Post by Catriona R
Post by Wombatt
i bet that thing binds on loot so theres a zero chance i'll find
one in AH and even then it would prolly cost a K or two
Yeah it's bind on pickup so you have to be there in person (it's a
lvl 60 raid so no use to you at lower levels anyway)
Isn't it like that with all mounts? At least the ones from drops? In
which case you'd never see a mount being offered in the AH.
Yep, I think the only mounts which can go on the AH are the crafted
ones? So the mechanohog (super expensive) and flying carpets
(tailor-only) - I have seen a carpet up once, doubt it sold though.
Yep, and the flying machine, too, but you have to be an engineer to ride
this one, so it's harder to sell.

I sold one, a long time ago. My first engineer crafted three of these 60%
flying machine, to level his crafting. He kept one for him, sold one on the
AH, and since nobody bought the third one, my second engineer inherited it.
With the new patterns from WotLK, the second engineer had no problem to get
to 375.

IIRC, a loooong time ago, I heard that the purchasable mount where not
soulbond, so asking someone with a better reputation to buy your mount was
an option, to get the discount. I don't know if this was true.
Catriona R
2009-06-08 12:55:38 UTC
On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 14:23:00 +0200 (CEST), Lancelet
Post by Lancelet
IIRC, a loooong time ago, I heard that the purchasable mount where not
soulbond, so asking someone with a better reputation to buy your mount was
an option, to get the discount. I don't know if this was true.
I believe it was true way back years ago, I do remember seeing people
looking for higher reputation people to buy their mounts for them. Think
it changed at the same time they changed the riding skills to be one
skill instead of a different skill for every type of mount (which I'm
guessing was when they thought of adding new types of mount for TBC)
Ruire (69 Blood Elf Paladin)
Kilgaard
2009-06-05 05:02:50 UTC
Post by Wombatt
Post by Nemesis
Post by Wombatt
Another thing is since im just returning to the game, all the blood
elf quests and zones are new to me....so instead of doing troll
content again i guess i should just ride the chicken until im high
enough to breeze through the low level quests for darkspear by one
shotting mobs.
Yeah, howadays you get full rep no matter what level you are when you do
the quests so it's easier to do them when you're higher level. If you
can put up with that horrible chicken then go for it - I just took the
easy route and made my only blood elf characters a warlock and a
paladin, so I can use their class mounts instead :-)
Or at level 60 in Dalaran you can get the
http://www.wowwiki.com/Reins_of_the_Armored_Brown_Bear_(Horde) for gold. No
rep required. You just need to get portalled/summoned to Dalaran.

You could also use
http://www.wowwiki.com/Reins_of_the_Traveler%27s_Tundra_Mammoth_(Horde) but
I'll assume you don't have that much money.
Tim
2009-06-06 01:08:38 UTC
At level 51, you can start doing the Alterac Valley (AV) battleground
and get a level 60 Frostwolf mount for 50 AV marks.

You can eventually gain rep for all 5 main factions by doing the AV
turnin quests. For each turnin of five Stormpike Soldier's Blood, you
get 18 or 19 rep for each of the five main factions. Other turnins
give 5 rep per two turnins.
Dr Richard Cranium
2009-06-07 16:33:55 UTC
Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
blech.....i hate that chicken mount
what kind of mount do the new allied race get?
An elephant.
I would just get the mount for my race, then work on getting exalted
so I could replace it with the mount from another race. I'm trying
for riding wolves for my Blood Elves.

Aisleyne was so burned out with the rainbow chicken by level 41, When she was running
through the Barrens and found the repeatable quest laying out in a field.

Chen's Empty Keg

http://thottbot.com/i4926

That was it ! Here was the way to get rid of the chicken ! 75 points at a time. Note
here: I do not like the Chocoba in FFXI either. Agam the Ranger does have a black choco
(Arney) so that ain't to bad.

So Aisleyne, day in and day out ran the repeatable "Chen's Empty Keg". Which you can maybe
accomplish 5 or six times a day, repeating actally as many times as you want. Running up
to Orgrimmar to pick up Aisleyne's new Wolf mount was worth the effort !!

from the web page:

http://www.smokeypoint.com/figureprints/figureprints.html

** no Fate **

dracman

Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
at http://www.TitanNews.com <<<<
Rob Wynne
2009-06-04 18:36:58 UTC
Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
so do you think I'll be able to get exalted just by doing darkspear
quests? (without having to turn in lots of runecloth)
I doubt it. It takes a lot of work to get Exalted with your own race,
let alone another race.
Once you get to level 80 there are dailies you can do for rep with any
of the horde races, but that's a long way off.
Yes, but bear in mind that doing quests for *other* races also gives you
a small amount of rep with the rest of your faction cities. When I was
going for the Ambassador title shortly before the expansion came out, I
went and did the 1-20 zones that I had not done originally, and then just
kept doing quests in zones where I'd get Alliance faction as well as $CITY
faction. I think I got the last of my Gnomeregan faction doing quests in
Ashenvale, of all places.
morag
2009-06-04 18:43:51 UTC
Post by Wombatt
so do you think I'll be able to get exalted just by doing darkspear
quests? (without having to turn in lots of runecloth)
I doubt it.  It takes a lot of work to get Exalted with your own race,
let alone another race.
Once you get to level 80 there are dailies you can do for rep with any
of the horde races, but that's a long way off.
--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
My human Paladin was Exalted with Darnassus before level 40, by 63 she
had the Ambassador title however, many runecloth turn-ins where
required to get the Gnomergan Exiles rep, which is similar to the
Darkspear rep in that it's tied to another rep somewhat (Org for
Darkspear and IF for the Gnomes).

Humans have an advantage with rep to start, Blood Elves only have
Friendly starting out with their own race and the Forsaken.

You might consider going for a Forsaken horse, it might be faster to
get Exalted with them as a Blood Elf, but I don't know.

Personally, I hate the raptor mount...too bouncy. The chicken mount
doesn't bounce, even though it looks like it should.
Kilgaard
2009-06-05 04:52:26 UTC
Post by morag
Personally, I hate the raptor mount...too bouncy. The chicken mount
doesn't bounce, even though it looks like it should.
This is the main reason I love the Kodo. Looks good and does not bounce.

Of course, it does mean that I can't fit through a lot of doorways whilst
mounted, but we must all make sacrifices.
DarkRose
2009-06-05 12:34:57 UTC
Post by morag
Post by Wombatt
[...]
If you want to wait until 51, get the epic PvP mount, just takes 30
each WSG, AB, and AV tokens... Epic Kodo, Chicken, Raptor, Steed, and
Wolf mounts... I hate the chickens, raptors and kodos, on any toon,
wolf and steed are all I like.
Kilgaard
2009-06-05 04:54:45 UTC
Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
so do you think I'll be able to get exalted just by doing darkspear
quests? (without having to turn in lots of runecloth)
I doubt it. It takes a lot of work to get Exalted with your own race,
let alone another race.
Once you get to level 80 there are dailies you can do for rep with any
of the horde races, but that's a long way off.
Or at level 50 (or is it 51?) you get the old school method of running AV
(Alterac Valley) until you go crazy. The AV armor/blood/flesh handins give
capital city faction rep, just not very much of it, and probably not in the
order you want.
Steve Kaye
2009-06-05 06:11:24 UTC
Post by Kilgaard
Post by John Gordon
Post by Wombatt
so do you think I'll be able to get exalted just by doing darkspear
quests? (without having to turn in lots of runecloth)
I doubt it. It takes a lot of work to get Exalted with your own race,
let alone another race.
Once you get to level 80 there are dailies you can do for rep with any
of the horde races, but that's a long way off.
Or at level 50 (or is it 51?) you get the old school method of running AV
(Alterac Valley) until you go crazy. The AV armor/blood/flesh handins give
capital city faction rep, just not very much of it, and probably not in the
order you want.
But, the most AV's you'll need to run is 50 as you could buy the Wolf or
Ram with 50 AV marks. If you want your choice of PvP mounts it'll cost
30 of each of WSG, AB and AV.

steve.kaye
--
Jengu - 80 Undead Death Knight Clokk - 72 Tauren Druid
Jelan - 80 Troll Priest Miho - 72 Blood Elf Rogue
Kibbs - 80 Blood Elf Paladin Jaille - 70 Blood Elf Warlock
KillerLoop
Go into BGs and buy PvP raptor for marks =)
Skipai Otter
2009-06-05 09:21:23 UTC
Post by echinacea
I have a blood elf and I dont like the chicken mounts they have....I
want a raptor but I have to be exalted. He's only 17 at the moment so
I know its a long way before I'll be getting the mount and I know I
can turn in some cloth but the repeatable runecloth starts at 50.
so....whats a good way to work up my faction with Darkspear before 30?
I went to Sen-Jin and did all those quests and then went straight to
Ashenvale. I plan on doing all the quests that originate from
Darkspear camps so I was curious if there were any instances to do or
mobs to farm which also give faction.
Very hard to get exhalted with Darkspear Trolls even if you're playing one.
Eventually after all the quests being done, you're going to have to go and
farm cloth or buy cloth from the AH to get the reputation up to go buy
raptor mounts.

I really wish Blizzard would fix it so that for the trolls at least it would
be easier to get to exhalted by doing quests like any other faction within
the horde.
Skipai
Rob Wynne
2009-06-05 10:50:24 UTC
Post by Skipai Otter
Very hard to get exhalted with Darkspear Trolls even if you're playing one.
Eventually after all the quests being done, you're going to have to go and
farm cloth or buy cloth from the AH to get the reputation up to go buy
raptor mounts.
I really wish Blizzard would fix it so that for the trolls at least it would
be easier to get to exhalted by doing quests like any other faction within
the horde.
Of course, there is now a third way, but it requires waiting until you're
at least level 77: The Argent Tourney
Catriona R
2009-06-05 11:19:39 UTC
Post by Rob Wynne
Post by Skipai Otter
Very hard to get exhalted with Darkspear Trolls even if you're playing one.
Eventually after all the quests being done, you're going to have to go and
farm cloth or buy cloth from the AH to get the reputation up to go buy
raptor mounts.
I really wish Blizzard would fix it so that for the trolls at least it would
be easier to get to exhalted by doing quests like any other faction within
the horde.
Of course, there is now a third way, but it requires waiting until you're
at least level 77: The Argent Tourney
It can be done with questing, if you go for the Loremaster acheivement
and do *everything* - my priest did a lot of quests before rep got
increased, but did get exalted just from questing when I did Loremaster,
was pretty close but it did work. I had handed some runecloth in way
back before TBC, but it wasn't all that much, and like I say, I always
did a lot of quests before the repgains got increased so I'd say a new
character starting now could get it from just doing quests... just would
take a lot of quests ;-)
Ruire (69 Blood Elf Paladin)
EvanMac
2009-06-05 11:54:17 UTC
Post by Skipai Otter
Very hard to get exhalted with Darkspear Trolls even if you're playing one.
Eventually after all the quests being done, you're going to have to go and
farm cloth or buy cloth from the AH to get the reputation up to go buy
raptor mounts.
I really wish Blizzard would fix it so that for the trolls at least it would
be easier to get to exhalted by doing quests like any other faction within
the horde.
I got exalted with darkspear before argent tournament, simply doing all
quest in stv (I was aiming the nesingwary achieve that I skipped at
proper level), first thing I did, I bought the violet raptor :D
--
Here's to you Nicola and Bart
Rest forever here in our hearts
That agony is your triumph!
Wombatt
2009-06-05 16:51:42 UTC
Post by EvanMac
Post by Skipai Otter
Very hard to get exhalted with Darkspear Trolls even if you're playing one.
Eventually after all the quests being done, you're going to have to go and
farm cloth or buy cloth from the AH to get the reputation up to go buy
raptor mounts.
I really wish Blizzard would fix it so that for the trolls at least it would
be easier to get to exhalted by doing quests like any other faction within
the horde.
I got exalted with darkspear before argent tournament, simply doing all
quest in stv (I was aiming the nesingwary achieve that I skipped at
proper level), first thing I did, I bought the violet raptor :D
--
Here's to you Nicola and Bart
Rest forever here in our hearts
The last and final moment is yours
That agony is your triumph!
at least im on Shandris which isnt PVP.....omg is that place a
constant bloodbath on a PVP server....almost as bad as Tarren Mill
Nemesis
2009-06-05 14:41:59 UTC
Post by Skipai Otter
Post by echinacea
[...]
It's a disadvantage with the Horde in general. All Alliance races
start out friendly with each other. So in working up rep you start
off from there. With Horde, Troll, Orcs and Tauren are friendly with
each other but start off neutral with Blood Elves and Undead, so
anyone from one group trying to work up rep with the other group first
has to work their way up to friendly. At the very least, the Dranei
should have started off as neutral with the other Alliance races,
especially since in their storyline, the first time a Dranei player
encounters other Alliance races, they act like the Dranei is not yet
on friendly terms with them and has to earn their trust.
Dr Richard Cranium
2009-06-07 18:42:18 UTC
"echinacea" <***@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4c75aff1-98ca-4f6b-a0e8-***@b1g2000vbc.googlegroups.com...
:I have a blood elf and I dont like the chicken mounts they have....I
: want a raptor but I have to be exalted. He's only 17 at the moment so
: I know its a long way before I'll be getting the mount and I know I
: can turn in some cloth but the repeatable runecloth starts at 50.
: so....whats a good way to work up my faction with Darkspear before 30?
: I went to Sen-Jin and did all those quests and then went straight to
: Ashenvale. I plan on doing all the quests that originate from
: Darkspear camps so I was curious if there were any instances to do or
: mobs to farm which also give faction.

Well I can't help you solve the Darkspear Troll problem with rep - I do think getting rid
of the rainbow chicken makes a response from me here in this thread okay. I wanted the
Orgrimmar Wolf mount.

Aisleyne was so burned out with the rainbow chicken by level 41, When she was running
through the Barrens and found the repeatable quest "Chen's Empty Keg" laying out in a
Barren's field. This trek towards exalted can begin as soon as you find the "Keg" and can
handle the monsters in the quest area. I "found" the quest at a lower level, and just
carried it around not realizing the importance it would play in my endeavour to obtain the
Wolf !

Chen's Empty Keg

http://thottbot.com/i4926

That was it ! Here was the way to get rid of the chicken ! 75 points at a time. Note
here: I do not like the Chocoba in FFXI either. Agam the Ranger does have a black choco
(Arney) so that ain't to bad.

So Aisleyne, day in and day out ran the repeatable "Chen's Empty Keg". Which you can maybe
accomplish 5 or six times a day, repeating actually as many times as you want. Running up
to Orgrimmar to pick up Aisleyne's new Wolf mount was worth the effort !!

http://www.smokeypoint.com/figureprints/wowscrnshot_051609_200548.jpg