Why is the Move Anything addon suddenly not working?
Mike S.
2020-05-13 16:16:35 UTC
I don't get it. I did not install any new addons. I did not remove any
old ones. I did not play with the settings in any addon I am currently
using. And yet, all of a sudden, Move Anything can not remember the
positions of my backpack and bags. I move them, but when I log back
in, they are back into their original positions. All other windows
seem to be fine.

Anyone ever experience this with Move Anything? Any idea how to fix
it?
Catriona R
2020-05-13 22:29:21 UTC
Post by Mike S.
I don't get it. I did not install any new addons. I did not remove any
old ones. I did not play with the settings in any addon I am currently
using. And yet, all of a sudden, Move Anything can not remember the
positions of my backpack and bags. I move them, but when I log back
in, they are back into their original positions. All other windows
seem to be fine.
Anyone ever experience this with Move Anything? Any idea how to fix
it?
Never used that particular addon but weird things like that often mean
the settings aren't saving properly/settings file got corrupted. It
can be worth deleting/renaming the file that it saves them in, be
warned, this will reset everything related to the addon to default!
Renaming is the better option as then you can undo it if it didn't
work.

To find it, look in your World of Warcraft folder > retail > WTF >
Account > (your account name) > SavedVariables > MoveAnything.lua
(might be slightly different depending on how the addon names its
files, but similar to that)

Also try the same with World of Warcraft > retail > WTF > Account >
(your account name) > (your server name)> (your character name)
SavedVariables > MoveAnything.lua - it varies per addon as to whether
they save things on an accountwide basis or a character-based one; I
suspect a layout-based one might well be character-based so this
second option is perhaps more likely.
Mike S.
2020-05-14 00:38:09 UTC
On Wed, 13 May 2020 23:29:21 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
[...]
Unfortunately, this did not work. Doing this did reset my settings but
the bag windows are still resetting. It is so odd. They are the only
windows that are resetting. All other windows I move stay where I move
them. And this only started today for some reason.

I guess I am either going to have to live with the windows where they
are or find a bag addon. I am not a fan of bag mods because they
always seem to combine all the bags into one big bag which I don't
like.

Thank you for trying to help me!