WoW is free this weekend
Catriona R
2018-06-21 22:11:40 UTC
Anyone currently unsubbed, your account is reactivated till Sunday if
you want to drop in and check anything out :-)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21900198 - US link but valid in
EU as well, my bf is unsubbed but can access his characters tonight.
Urbin
2018-06-22 04:41:57 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Anyone currently unsubbed, your account is reactivated till Sunday if
you want to drop in and check anything out :-)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21900198 - US link but valid in
EU as well, my bf is unsubbed but can access his characters tonight.
Yeah, I just got the mail. Sadly, I am on the way to the airport to pick up
friends that will stay with us until Wednesday, so I doubt I'll get in much
time. I think I'll just cycle through all characters to check my mailboxes
:-)

Cheers
Urbin
--
Dun Morogh-EU (PvE) | Taalas (85), Shaman | Juran (65), Druid
Urbin (100), Hunter | Sunh (81), Priest | Vargal (42), Warrior
Mymule (85), Warlock | Kordosch (75), Deathknight | Tunyatgong (12), Monk
Catriona R
2018-06-22 13:07:08 UTC
Post by Urbin
Post by Catriona R
Anyone currently unsubbed, your account is reactivated till Sunday if
you want to drop in and check anything out :-)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21900198 - US link but valid in
EU as well, my bf is unsubbed but can access his characters tonight.
Yeah, I just got the mail. Sadly, I am on the way to the airport to pick up
friends that will stay with us until Wednesday, so I doubt I'll get in much
time. I think I'll just cycle through all characters to check my mailboxes
:-)
I was thinking of you when I posted this, glad to hear from you but
that's bad timing lol, hope you get to see a little bit anyway :-)
Urbin
2018-06-24 21:17:54 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Post by Urbin
Post by Catriona R
Anyone currently unsubbed, your account is reactivated till Sunday if
you want to drop in and check anything out :-)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21900198 - US link but valid in
EU as well, my bf is unsubbed but can access his characters tonight.
Yeah, I just got the mail. Sadly, I am on the way to the airport to pick up
friends that will stay with us until Wednesday, so I doubt I'll get in much
time. I think I'll just cycle through all characters to check my mailboxes
:-)
I was thinking of you when I posted this, glad to hear from you but
that's bad timing lol, hope you get to see a little bit anyway :-)
Thanks to my visitors' jetlag I got some time to quickly log into the game
last night. I cycled through all my "old" alliance characters. I got some
gold (converted from honor) on each of them, my disenchanter had an empty
bank and got loads of enchanting mats sent by mail. My warrior, rogue and
death knight got two identical blue weapons each, but neither of them was
able to dual wield them due to the talent reset.

Considering the talent reset on my hunter (my old main), the fact that I
have no clue what the current hunter abilities are and the need to
reorganise all my action bars in addition to the fact that I automagically
accepted 3 or 4 quests on login and had no clue where to go for them clearly
told me that I have been away from the game for too long. I didn't think
that I'd manage to organise any of my high level characters to a point where
I would actually be able to play them sensibly.

During the past year, every once in a while I'd play a new character from 1
to 20 just for old times sake. I took the chance to rediscover the revamped
starter zones and story lines just to see how much they had changed from
when I went through them before on alliance and for the first time at all
played some horde characters to level 20 (undead and tauren at free level
cap; the other three races on the list for the future).

So tonight I decided I'd take the chance to play my tauren which was stuck
at the level cap. I was shy 400xp from level 21 when it occurred to me that
if I let her ding 21, I would no longer be able to play her after tonight.
However, as I really want to discover the rest of Ashenvale from a horde
perspective, I just logged out again and will keep playing here at level cap
and see how far I can get until the mobs become too high level...

Even though I no longer play seriously, I still lurk here. Mostly it's
deadly quiet, but it's good to see a post by a familiar name every once in a
while. Though I had to say the recent discussion between you and Peter about
pre-expansion farming also proved to me that I've been gone too long to find
my way back into the game at max (or close to max) level. That is a good
thing, though, so I won't be tempted to come back ;-)

Cheers
Urbin
Catriona R
2018-06-24 22:23:31 UTC
Post by Urbin
Thanks to my visitors' jetlag I got some time to quickly log into the game
last night. I cycled through all my "old" alliance characters. I got some
gold (converted from honor) on each of them, my disenchanter had an empty
bank and got loads of enchanting mats sent by mail. My warrior, rogue and
death knight got two identical blue weapons each, but neither of them was
able to dual wield them due to the talent reset.
Ooh that was a while back, those weapons were given when they changed
some specs to require certain weapon types, that was legion or even
earlier. The enchanting mats were because they changed a load of old
mats into fewer mats, might've been 7.3.5 when they introduced scaling
to old zones, or might've been earlier.
Post by Urbin
Considering the talent reset on my hunter (my old main), the fact that I
have no clue what the current hunter abilities are and the need to
reorganise all my action bars in addition to the fact that I automagically
accepted 3 or 4 quests on login and had no clue where to go for them clearly
told me that I have been away from the game for too long. I didn't think
that I'd manage to organise any of my high level characters to a point where
I would actually be able to play them sensibly.
Hehe yeah I have that when I pick up alts after ages, takes a good
while to work out what I'm doing (and to clear out all the old junk
filling my bags that I no longer need), abilities always seem to
change a lot. Each spec is a lot more distinct now so just changing
spec is a lot to get used to!
Post by Urbin
During the past year, every once in a while I'd play a new character from 1
to 20 just for old times sake. I took the chance to rediscover the revamped
starter zones and story lines just to see how much they had changed from
when I went through them before on alliance and for the first time at all
played some horde characters to level 20 (undead and tauren at free level
cap; the other three races on the list for the future).
So tonight I decided I'd take the chance to play my tauren which was stuck
at the level cap. I was shy 400xp from level 21 when it occurred to me that
if I let her ding 21, I would no longer be able to play her after tonight.
However, as I really want to discover the rest of Ashenvale from a horde
perspective, I just logged out again and will keep playing here at level cap
and see how far I can get until the mobs become too high level...
Good plan, they recently introduced level scaling which would help
you, except it goes *up* and not down, so you could do Ashenvale on a
lvl 60 and still have it be relevant, but you can't go to Winterspring
on your lvl 20 and not die, I can see why some progression is a good
thing but for people like you having more available would be nice too.
Mobs are tougher than they used to be but as a hunter you'll still
make it into mid-20s zones alright. You can also do Eastern Kingdoms
1-20 later on that same character if you want to, and you'll get lvl
20 rewards from everything, if the scaling operates as I expect it to.
Post by Urbin
Even though I no longer play seriously, I still lurk here. Mostly it's
deadly quiet, but it's good to see a post by a familiar name every once in a
while. Though I had to say the recent discussion between you and Peter about
pre-expansion farming also proved to me that I've been gone too long to find
my way back into the game at max (or close to max) level. That is a good
thing, though, so I won't be tempted to come back ;-)
Hehe I can bet that's a bit confusing to you, although some of what
we're talking about is 2-3 expansions old now ;-) There has been a LOT
added over the years, so much to collect which is great for my
collector habit. I can never keep up with it all, just trying to do
what is going away with BfA (or what can be got from open world rare
spawns on my quiet-realm character, in case that realm gets connected
soon and stops being so quiet).
p***@gmail.com
2018-06-25 17:56:39 UTC
Post by Urbin
Even though I no longer play seriously, I still lurk here. Mostly it's
deadly quiet, but it's good to see a post by a familiar name every once in a
while. Though I had to say the recent discussion between you and Peter about
pre-expansion farming also proved to me that I've been gone too long to find
my way back into the game at max (or close to max) level. That is a good
thing, though, so I won't be tempted to come back ;-)
Hehe I can bet that's a bit confusing to you, although some of what
we're talking about is 2-3 expansions old now ;-) There has been a LOT
added over the years, so much to collect which is great for my
collector habit. I can never keep up with it all, just trying to do
what is going away with BfA (or what can be got from open world rare
spawns on my quiet-realm character, in case that realm gets connected
soon and stops being so quiet).
I dropped WOW about 3.5 years ago. Thought I'd check it out, but it looks like
Blizzard no longer recognizes my email - even though the same account has old
Blizzard emails.

Event i over now, but I might have tried it.

pt
Catriona R
2018-06-26 02:44:03 UTC
Post by p***@gmail.com
I dropped WOW about 3.5 years ago. Thought I'd check it out, but it looks like
Blizzard no longer recognizes my email - even though the same account has old
Blizzard emails.
Event i over now, but I might have tried it.
pt
That sucks, might be worth armorying your characters to check if
someone else has been playing them (or if you have any Real
ID/Battletag friends you're still in contact with outside WoW, ask
them when your last login date shows as), I'd think your email should
still be recognised unless it's been changed, ie your account's been
hacked.

Even if you don't plan to play again anytime soon, if you want the
option in the future reporting it to Blizz sooner rather than later is
probably a good idea to resecure it. Hope it's not been hacked though!
Peter T.
Peter T.
Mike S.
2018-06-22 10:21:03 UTC
On Thu, 21 Jun 2018 23:11:40 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
Anyone currently unsubbed, your account is reactivated till Sunday if
you want to drop in and check anything out :-)
Thank you for this post.