undercity sewer
Tim Merrigan
2019-09-16 02:08:12 UTC
Today I noticed a problem with Undercity's so called sewer, to wit, if
it were actually a sewer, shouldn't it drain out of the city rather
than into it. Note the direction of the slope.

Even if it were Lorderon's sewer, left over from before Silvanis took
the city over, it should drain away from the city, not to directly
under it.
and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan
Catriona R
2019-09-16 02:35:47 UTC
Post by Tim Merrigan
Today I noticed a problem with Undercity's so called sewer, to wit, if
it were actually a sewer, shouldn't it drain out of the city rather
than into it. Note the direction of the slope.
Even if it were Lorderon's sewer, left over from before Silvanis took
the city over, it should drain away from the city, not to directly
under it.
It is indeed the sewers of Lordaeron:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Undercity - "The Undercity was so named many
years before the Forsaken claimed it as their own. Far beneath the
palace of Lordaeron, the Undercity held the ancient crypts and
catacombs of Lordaeron's royalty, as well as the city's dungeons and
sewers. Although the Undercity was only intended for prisoners and the
dead, the poorest of the Lordaeron people lived within."

And after all, most real cities have sewers underneath them to remove
the waste produced within the city - when I think about it, the
obvious discharge point is Lordamere Lake, which is the opposite side
of the city to the sewer entrance so it does make sense, albeit the
entrance is a little odd, perhaps call it a storm drain lol :-)