Gearing up champions 850 -> 900/950?
Peter T.
2018-02-25 00:34:09 UTC
I'm at the fourth day after I rebooted my wow sub. The last time I
quitted (dec '16/v7.1.5) I also decided to delete my wow folder with all
settings, addons etc. and I'm in the middle of rebuilding all weak
auras, finding all the old addons and all that stuff again. Oh well...
Sometimes it helps cleaning out the house. And my new weak auras are
actually better than the old ones. :)

Anyway! Until an hour ago I was stuck at the second last quest in the
broken shore campaign. I couldnt figure out how to complete any ilvl900
broken shore mission in the order hall with my ilvl 850 champs (0%
chance). I figured that out as there are lowlevel broken shore missions
as well.

But this leads me to the next question. How do I gear up my champs from
850 to 900 (or 950?) ? I mean... Besides the order hall missions what
other sources are there for ilvl gear for my champions?

Another question: I have to complete the Broken shore campaign _before_
I will be offered the first mission in the Argus campaign. Is that correct?
Peter T.
Lewis
2018-02-25 03:14:38 UTC
Post by Peter T.
But this leads me to the next question. How do I gear up my champs from
850 to 900 (or 950?) ? I mean... Besides the order hall missions what
other sources are there for ilvl gear for my champions?
You can buy upgrade to ilvl 880 for your minions on Broken Shore from the
shard vendor. 400 each. I bought 7 on my DK and raised everyone from mid
700s to 880 in one fell swoop. Fell. Get it? FELL! Punny.

Once they hit 900, you will start getting missions that will raise a
minion to 950, the max.
Post by Peter T.
Another question: I have to complete the Broken shore campaign _before_
I will be offered the first mission in the Argus campaign. Is that correct?
Yes, that sounds right (it's been a long time) but you only have to
unlock Argus on one toon on your account.

Be careful, a lot of quests that seem as if they are required parts of
a chain are actually silly "get an appearance" wastes of time.

Wow's in-game quest text is worse than ever as they continue to off-load
more and more to wowhead.
Lithium will no longer be available on credit
Peter T.
2018-02-25 10:50:21 UTC
Post by Lewis
Post by Peter T.
But this leads me to the next question. How do I gear up my champs from
850 to 900 (or 950?) ? I mean... Besides the order hall missions what
other sources are there for ilvl gear for my champions?
You can buy upgrade to ilvl 880 for your minions on Broken Shore from the
shard vendor. 400 each. I bought 7 on my DK and raised everyone from mid
700s to 880 in one fell swoop. Fell. Get it? FELL! Punny.
Great. Found it. Thank you. :)
Post by Lewis
Yes, that sounds right (it's been a long time) but you only have to
unlock Argus on one toon on your account.
Exactly.
Post by Lewis
Be careful, a lot of quests that seem as if they are required parts of
a chain are actually silly "get an appearance" wastes of time.
I'm unguilded atm and I only focus on some silly n00bish pvp honor for
prestige.
Peter T.
Peter T.
2018-02-25 13:12:02 UTC
Post by Peter T.
I'm unguilded atm and I only focus on some silly n00bish pvp honor for
prestige.
Forgot to add I have plenty of time for everything including those
appearance quests (done two of them so far). Yesterday I spent 12 hours
on gaming. The Chromie questline is fun. But also a little odd.
nevertheless its a fun little story with some quick rep farming and
perfect for dusting of rust for my frost mage skills. :)
Last night I had a nice streak with 8 BGs won in a row. Plenty of
points for the prestige rank and a little closer to the next PvP mount
reward. ^^
Peter T.
Catriona R
2018-02-25 13:04:39 UTC
On Sun, 25 Feb 2018 03:14:38 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
Post by Peter T.
But this leads me to the next question. How do I gear up my champs from
850 to 900 (or 950?) ? I mean... Besides the order hall missions what
other sources are there for ilvl gear for my champions?
You can buy upgrade to ilvl 880 for your minions on Broken Shore from the
shard vendor. 400 each. I bought 7 on my DK and raised everyone from mid
700s to 880 in one fell swoop. Fell. Get it? FELL! Punny.
Once they hit 900, you will start getting missions that will raise a
minion to 950, the max.
To add to this: you need to go through the Argus campaign to unlock
those missions; only my main has got any so far, and he's the only
character who's done much in Argus. My druid is working through it
now, and should unlock the 925 token missions fairly shortly, right
now he's got the same (old) missions as the rest of my alts who've
never touched Argus.

When you hit a quest that tells you to do a mission, you're on the
right track; that'll lead to you unlocking new troops and getting the
missions which give the gear.
Tim Merrigan
2018-02-25 12:40:09 UTC
Post by Peter T.
[...]
I've been upping my champs level using the level up drops and prizes
(the icon look like a black breastplate, most are 5 points a few are
10).
Post by Peter T.
Another question: I have to complete the Broken shore campaign _before_
I will be offered the first mission in the Argus campaign. Is that correct?
Definitely not. Both of my 110 demon hunters (one each H and A) have
been to Argus, and I haven't done Broken Shore with any of my alt's,
hell, I haven't finished the pillars of creation with any of them.

Actually it's a little annoying, I want to finish one thing before
going on to the next.
and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan
Peter T.
2018-02-26 03:34:44 UTC
Post by Tim Merrigan
Post by Peter T.
Another question: I have to complete the Broken shore campaign _before_
I will be offered the first mission in the Argus campaign. Is that correct?
Definitely not. Both of my 110 demon hunters (one each H and A) have
been to Argus, and I haven't done Broken Shore with any of my alt's,
hell, I haven't finished the pillars of creation with any of them.
Actually it's a little annoying, I want to finish one thing before
going on to the next.
Yay! Done with the Broken shore campaign. Now whats the first quest in
the Argus campaign and where do I get it? The hand of fate.. hmm. I
already have it in the quest log? Aaargh! you're right. :)

Oh well. One thing at a time...
Peter T.
Tim Merrigan
2018-02-26 09:06:23 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Tim Merrigan
Post by Peter T.
Another question: I have to complete the Broken shore campaign _before_
I will be offered the first mission in the Argus campaign. Is that correct?
Definitely not. Both of my 110 demon hunters (one each H and A) have
been to Argus, and I haven't done Broken Shore with any of my alt's,
hell, I haven't finished the pillars of creation with any of them.
Actually it's a little annoying, I want to finish one thing before
going on to the next.
Yay! Done with the Broken shore campaign. Now whats the first quest in
the Argus campaign and where do I get it? The hand of fate.. hmm. I
already have it in the quest log? Aaargh! you're right. :)
Oh well. One thing at a time...
Speaking of the pillars of creation. On the alt I'm currently
playing, (Night Elf Demon Hunter) my quest log shows I haven't
completed the Tears of Elune, but I had the second copy in my
inventory till I got rid of it, and the statue is there in the trophy
hall.

Tim Merrigan
Peter T.
2018-02-27 14:40:48 UTC
Den 25-02-2018 kl. 01:34 skrev Peter T.:
[cut]

The crimson slavermaw dropped in the first attempt (WQ). 3% drop rate.
Neat mount. :)

<http://www.wowhead.com/item=152905/crimson-slavermaw>
--
Peter T.