Blizzard's support is fantastic
Peter T.
2020-08-27 11:38:16 UTC
A few days ago I would empty the mailboxes on 2 lvl 1 alts I use for
AH'ing some xmog items. I guess I was a few days late so the mails were
expired.
Oh well. Some of the items has been removed in the game through the
years so they are *very* rare on AH! Others still exist in the game,
but are really rare world drops.

I did a little research and found a few posts on reddit. blizzard are
actually able to revive expired mails as they go in a second 30 days
round after they are expired after the first 30 days. So I ticketed
Blizzard. 3 days later - Violá!

"This is Game Master Marfarod, reporting in (ง •̀_•́)ง. I received your
message about having some mail expire on ya, and I'm here to assist and
provide some insight on this inquiry today.

Good news - I was able to get that mail back to ya, safe and sound! :D

Moving forward, remember to not leave mail in the mailbox for too long.
We may or may not be able to assist in the future, so do be careful~"

GREAT! I've always loved they way they have answered me. And some of
them are really fun. :)
Peter T.
Catriona R
2020-08-29 22:19:40 UTC
Post by Peter T.
A few days ago I would empty the mailboxes on 2 lvl 1 alts I use for
AH'ing some xmog items. I guess I was a few days late so the mails were
expired.
Oh well. Some of the items has been removed in the game through the
years so they are *very* rare on AH! Others still exist in the game,
but are really rare world drops.
I did a little research and found a few posts on reddit. blizzard are
actually able to revive expired mails as they go in a second 30 days
round after they are expired after the first 30 days. So I ticketed
Blizzard. 3 days later - Violá!
"This is Game Master Marfarod, reporting in (? •?_•?)?. I received your
message about having some mail expire on ya, and I'm here to assist and
provide some insight on this inquiry today.
Good news - I was able to get that mail back to ya, safe and sound! :D
Moving forward, remember to not leave mail in the mailbox for too long.
We may or may not be able to assist in the future, so do be careful~"
GREAT! I've always loved they way they have answered me. And some of
them are really fun. :)
Nice one! I'm too good at the forgetting about my mail thing, so if I
think I'm likely to get distracted by anything I go through all my
alts and empty mailboxes... *usually* works but I still lose things at
times! I think I've avoided losing anything this month (I hope), as
I've been super busy in RL and not playing much at all, but I'm fairly
sure I only had auctions up on my main. Must remember to clear out my
Classic characters' mailboxes before Shadowlands launches though, I
can safely expect to not touch anything other than my main for at
least a month then...
Catriona R
2020-08-30 00:38:20 UTC
On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 23:19:40 +0100, Catriona R
Post by Catriona R
I think I've avoided losing anything this month (I hope), as
I've been super busy in RL and not playing much at all, but I'm fairly
sure I only had auctions up on my main.
*ahem*, just checked and oh dear, my scribe had a bunch of successful
auctions in the mail but zero returned ones. Oops! Oh well, my own
fault lol, a few thousand gold in glyphs lost but nothing
irreplaceable. Think I'll clear all my mailboxes now, except my main,
I'm not playing enough at present and it won't be long before I'm 100%
focussed on my main when Shadowlands comes out anyway.
Peter T.
2020-08-30 09:59:13 UTC
Post by Catriona R
I think I've avoided losing anything this month (I hope), as
I've been super busy in RL and not playing much at all, but I'm fairly
sure I only had auctions up on my main.
*ahem*, just checked and oh dear, my scribe had a bunch of successful
auctions in the mail but zero returned ones. Oops! Oh well, my own
fault lol, a few thousand gold in glyphs lost but nothing
irreplaceable. Think I'll clear all my mailboxes now, except my main,
I'm not playing enough at present and it won't be long before I'm 100%
focussed on my main when Shadowlands comes out anyway.
2-3 years ago I decided to AH my stack of Elixir of ancient knowledge.
I remember they easily went for like 120-150K. But I decided to take a
break and stop my sub while I had 3-4 elixirs on AH. :/
Peter T.
Catriona R
2020-08-30 22:51:52 UTC
Post by Catriona R
I think I've avoided losing anything this month (I hope), as
I've been super busy in RL and not playing much at all, but I'm fairly
sure I only had auctions up on my main.
*ahem*, just checked and oh dear, my scribe had a bunch of successful
auctions in the mail but zero returned ones. Oops! Oh well, my own
fault lol, a few thousand gold in glyphs lost but nothing
irreplaceable. Think I'll clear all my mailboxes now, except my main,
I'm not playing enough at present and it won't be long before I'm 100%
focussed on my main when Shadowlands comes out anyway.
2-3 years ago I decided to AH my stack of Elixir of ancient knowledge.
I remember they easily went for like 120-150K. But I decided to take a
break and stop my sub while I had 3-4 elixirs on AH. :/
Oh no! :-( Don't think I've lost anything that bad, the worst I recall
was a lower lvl BoE epic dagger back when epic BoEs were rare (and
heirlooms didn't exist), but given the low chance of the thing ever
selling I decided not to beat myself up too badly over the lost
theoretical value (I'd been listing it for weeks and it hadn't sold);
those potions were definitely more likely to go though, ouch!

Something I have discovered with the new AH is if you don't log in for
some time, sales mails always appear with 30 days on, even if you last
logged in over 30 days ago - nice at least that you don't lose your
sales any more, just doesn't help much if the item didn't sell.