Is Blizzard preparing for next upgrade?
Tim Merrigan
2019-09-13 03:39:26 UTC
I noticed in the Blizzard store, that they're selling BfA with a 20%
discount. In my observation, previously when they've done that, it
seems to have been shortly before and during a major upgrade. So, are
they preparing to release version 9.x? And, if so, what will it be?
and to the republic which it established, one nation, from many peoples,
promising liberty and justice for all.
Feel free to use the above variant pledge in your own postings.

Tim Merrigan
Peter T.
2019-09-13 05:00:07 UTC
Post by Tim Merrigan
I noticed in the Blizzard store, that they're selling BfA with a 20%
discount. In my observation, previously when they've done that, it
seems to have been shortly before and during a major upgrade. So, are
they preparing to release version 9.x? And, if so, what will it be?
I guess the offer is targeted "new" old players who has returned for
classic.
Peter T.
Catriona R
2019-09-13 13:52:23 UTC
Post by Peter T.
Post by Tim Merrigan
I noticed in the Blizzard store, that they're selling BfA with a 20%
discount. In my observation, previously when they've done that, it
seems to have been shortly before and during a major upgrade. So, are
they preparing to release version 9.x? And, if so, what will it be?
I guess the offer is targeted "new" old players who has returned for
classic.
Yeah, that'd be my guess too, there's quite a lot resubbing for
Classic who haven't played recently and so don't have BFA. Next
expansion, I'd expect it to be announced at Blizzcon, although we
haven't heard anything about 8.3 either, so perhaps that'll also be
announced at Blizzcon - there's just been some datamining suggesting
the war campaign ends with 8.2.5, so assuming we have an 8.3 at all,
maybe it's a shift to a different subject from the war, which I'll be
glad about.

I'd have thoroughly enjoyed this expansion's story/background if it
hadn't had the war campaign lol, just exploring and making new allies
in the Zandalari and Kul Tirans, and then things escalating into
fighting Azshara (even disagreements between the two allied races
leading to the raid on Dazar'alor, fine) would've made for a good
expansion, without all the mental gymnastics required to believe so
many Horde veterans just let Garrosh 2.0 happen... I only hope the
"end" of the campaign doesn't go like the end of WoD, where after
everything, suddenly we're all friends with Grom, no repercussions for
anything he led the Iron Horde to do... huh?
Lewis
2019-09-13 19:48:49 UTC
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
Post by Tim Merrigan
[...]
I can believe the war campaign is wrapping up, but 8.3 will be the
"Battle" in Battle for Azeroth. (Hint, it's not Horde Scum versus
Alliance Heroes)
Post by Catriona R
I'd have thoroughly enjoyed this expansion's story/background if it
hadn't had the war campaign
I actually quite liked the war campaign story form the alliance side,
and I am generally completely uninterested in the story lines. I
haven't really done much on the horde side but hit 120, but people
seemed to have liked that side of the story as well.
--
This man was clearly mad, but at the heart of his madness was a cold,
dreadful sanity, a core of pure interstellar ice in the centre of the
Sisters
Catriona R
2019-09-14 04:12:47 UTC
On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:48:49 -0000 (UTC), Lewis
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
Post by Peter T.
Post by Tim Merrigan
[...]
Agreed, and I'll be very glad, especially if it's revealed that much
of the "war" was down to strings being pulled by other entities! I'd
rather fight "for" Azeroth, not "over" Azeroth lol.
Post by Lewis
Post by Catriona R
I'd have thoroughly enjoyed this expansion's story/background if it
hadn't had the war campaign
I actually quite liked the war campaign story form the alliance side,
and I am generally completely uninterested in the story lines. I
haven't really done much on the horde side but hit 120, but people
seemed to have liked that side of the story as well.
I gather the Jaina story was really good, got distracted before I
finished it but I'll get around to it at some point. Horde side,
well... I enjoyed the Zandalar story! The Saurfang and Baine bits of
the war campaign might be considered good by people who didn't play
MoP, too, anyone who did just sees it as a rehash though, although at
least having the option to choose a side in a few quests was an
interesting change. I think I'll enjoy the Alliance story a lot more
when I get to it!

Lewis
2019-09-13 19:45:16 UTC
Post by Tim Merrigan
I noticed in the Blizzard store, that they're selling BfA with a 20%
discount. In my observation, previously when they've done that, it
seems to have been shortly before and during a major upgrade. So, are
they preparing to release version 9.x? And, if so, what will it be?
9.0 Will probably be announced at BlizzCon, and may be released as early
as next spring, but I think it will be later than that since we are
still not done with the Broth story line.

The 20% discount is probably to take advantage of the attention from
Classic.
--
Nothing like grilling a kosher dog over human hair to bring out the
subtle flavors.